gone

TW: Running away, mention of fainting, mention of weight, food, suicidal thoughts,

I walked for a while, occasionally staring up at the night sky to the nearest bus stop. I remembered on the way here, there was a town near by the house which was practically in the middle of no where. My head felt foggy and I couldn't think straight. For all I know, I could be walking further and further into this unknown area. My feet started stepping out of pace with each other and I wish I didn't have bags so I could just run.

I saw stars across my vision and shook my head as if I were just imagining them. I really wish I got my phone before storming out.

I think I walked for a few hours until I couldn't see straight and was stopped in a part of Miami which was about 45 minutes away from the facility. I sat down on a bench with my bags and closed my eyes, letting the darkness take over me.

I didn't care if I died right here right now on this park bench. I definitely felt like letting go. I've let absolutely everyone down including myself.

Nonetheless, I woke up a few hours later. I look at the clock on a building in front of me to see it was 5 am. The sky was getting lighter and cars started to fill the streets.

That was until a large bus stopped in front of me and it's doors opened. My eyes fully opened and I picked up my things to get on.

"W-where is this bus going?"

"Baton Rouge, Louisiana," the bus driver said with annoyance in her voice. I just nodded and sighed.

"Ok. Perfect."

I stumbled down the isle and sat near the back, shivering. I grabbed Nina from my bag and held her close to me as the bus started driving. I closed my eyes as my teeth chattered and goosebumps covered my body.

After 6 hours, we were in Baton Rouge and I get up to go to the front of the bus.

"Excuse me, may I see your ticket Miss?"

Fuck. A ticket.

"My ticket? Oh uhm yeah just-" I started pretending to rummage through my bag and suddenly reached forward, pulling the lever to open the door and rush down the steps, off the bus.

"HEY GET THE FUCK BACK HERE!" the woman yelled as I ran through the crowded streets of Baton Rouge with my bags in hand, to the next bus stop and waited on a bench.

About ten minutes later, another bus showed up and brought me to the familiar city of New Orleans. The pedestrians on the streets, homeless people with nothing but a guitar or saxophone to keep them going, entertaining the ones who stroll by.

Soon enough, I knew exactly where we were. The bus stopped and I got off to call a taxi and get back home.

The guy driving the taxi kept looking at me through the rearview mirror as I stared out the window and couldn't help but smile at the familiar city. It was bright and sunny out and the plants and colorful buildings seemed more vibrant than ever.

I soon see the huge white house of Miss Robichaux's academy. As the car drew closer, my anxiety rose in my stomach.

"Alright here we are," he mumbled, stopping the car. I handed him a twenty and got out of the car,

To the pearly white (rusty old) gates of my home. Miss Robichaux's Academy , opening them with my powers and stepping in.

***

present:

Holy shit y/n, I can't even believe all of that," Zoe said with tears in her eyes.