progress

It was a really long ride. Seven hours. Cordelia really tried to find the best place I guess. I fell asleep for half the ride but it was pretty calm for the rest of the time in the car. Dr. Staple played whatever music I liked and told me to just call her Ellie.

"It seems like you've got a lot of friends in that school," she says, looking over at me with a subtle smile.

"Well, yeah.... they're like my sisters."

"I'm sure they care about you a lot."

"They...do. I think."Dr. Staple just smiled and I fidgeted with my fingers as I spoke. "Uhm- how is everyone?"

"Um... good but I can tell some of them missed you," she replied with a nervous smile.

"Diane?"

Ellie was quiet for a moment and nodded.

"Uhm yes Diane too," she says. "Why didn't you tell us, y/n?"

"What?" I asked with confusion.

"The- the night you left. Diane told Alice... that she..."

"Oh god. No. What- what did she say?"

"She said that... you admitted your love to her and... and that she talked you out of suicide."

"Are you kidding? That is NOT what happened."

"That's what I though. ...What did happen...?

"N-nothing. Nothing happened. She's insane."

"If you ever feel uncomfortable around her, y/n, please let us know."

"Gotcha," I sighed, looking back out the window. "...What about Wilhemina?"

"It's only been two weeks y/n," she laughs.

"I know. I'm just... I was just wondering."

Dr. Staple clearly avoided the question, making me start to worry. I shook my leg as I looked at the GPS and saw we were only 15 minutes away.

Soon enough, we pulled into the driveway and Dr. Staple looked over at me with an apologetic smile as I just stared. I could see the edge of the pool area from beside the house and assumed they were all outside, considering the small splash I saw.

Ellie grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I nodded and she went to the trunk, getting my bags. I tried to pick one up but once again, my hand prevented me from doing so.

"Cordelia told me about this," she sighed, gently taking your hand in hers. "Can you make a fist?"

"No."

Ellie sighs and carried all bags in as I just carried my backpack. Stepping inside, all the memories came flooding back like a tidal wave.

"Come on honey, I'll help you get unpacked."

I followed her upstairs, fearing to see a unfortunately familiar face. I finally arrived in my room and placed all my things down. Nurse Aird then comes in as well with a smile.

"y/n, it's good to see you again."

"Yeah you too." I replied sarcastically. I helped Dr. Staple unpack my bags until I hear a familiar voice outside the door. I knew that English accent anywhere.

"Ellie? Ellie, I need to buy new cigarettes can I pay you?" The woman then stopped at the door and looked at me with a shocked face. "Holy shit y/n, you're back?"

"...Hi Audrey."

"Wow well maybe Diane will actually come out of her room," she laughs, walking past the door. I felt my heart drop. "Diane!" she yells, cackling down the hallway to get her. My eyes widened and I looked to Dr. Staple with terrified eyes. I hear her knock on the door, still laughing. "Diane your little puppy is back! Come get her while you can!"