one way, or another

short chapter I apologize. I got a good one coming

tw: mention of self harm and body checking

Billie immediately scanned over everyone at the table with unsure eyes.

"Jesus christ," she mumbled after glancing at me.

The blonde went to turn around but Dr. Staple placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Billie this is Amanda, Harriet, Diane, Tammy, Xandra, Lana, Audrey, Wilhemina, and y/n," she says, motioning a hand to all the women.

"Run while you can," Xandra says, taking a sip of her orange juice, raising her eyebrows.

"Xandra has a huge sense of humor. This is when we usually have breakfast along with lunch at 11:30, and dinner at 6:30."

"No she's only pissed because her crack head girl friend got sent back to rehab," Audrey chuckled. "Other than that, she's not all the funny."

Xandra stands up with a threatening look on her face, taking a butter knife in her hand.

"You fucking bitch," she growled before Alice grabbed her hand along with Lana quickly standing up.

"Xandra calm down please it's alright," she says, making her sit with a huff.

"Yeah, I'd like a cigarette and to unpack please," Billie says, still recovering from that scene she had just witnessed.

"O-of course. This is Alice Macray, she'll show you to your room. You'll be sharing with Tammy."

"Great."

The two women disappeared up the stairs and I glance at Wilhemina who shrugs. I then look to Diane who was bouncing her leg and fidgeting with her fingers. Her wavy hair was back in a loose ponytail with small strands falling in front of her face.

Wilhemina places a gentle hand over mine on the table when she noticed I was looking to Diane.

"Eat sweetheart," she whispered.

"Can you make me a plate?" I replied with a shade of crimson on my cheeks, enough evidence of how embarrassed I was to ask.

"Of course."

She takes my plate and scoops some fruit from a bowl and puts one of her avocado toast slices on it. She hands it to me with a smile.

"Let's start with that, love," she says with a smile. I started eating the fruit as I listened to the light conversation of the other women.

"I wonder what she's in for," Lana says, sipping her coffee.

"Doesn't matter to me. I'm getting out of here soon," Harriet says, proudly shifting in her seat as she takes a bite of her eggs.

"Yeah right. You never shut up about how much you're gonna drink when you do leave," Xandra scoffs.

"And what will you do Xan? Shoot up some more heroin with Sally? Oh wait... she's in rehab..." Harriet says with a fake pout, looking to Audrey who was snickering. Xandra's face scrunched with anger as her entire body tensed up until Lana places a hand over hers.

"Calm down love it's alright. She's just trying to get under you're skin," Lana says with gritted teeth to Harriet.

"Like that heroin needle," Audrey laughs.

"I'VE NEVER EVEN USED HEROIN YOU FUCKING BRITISH BIMBO!"

"LADIES SIT DOWN!" Dr. Staple yelled. "I think we all need some fresh air today. How about we all get ready to go out to the pool hm?" she sighed, sitting back in her chair. I had only had time to eat a few pieces of fruit but I pushed my plate away, standing up to head upstairs. Wilhemina sighed as I waited for her to get up.