lies

Sitting in the large common room, everyone was looking at me and the new tube in my nose with worried eyes. I just stared at the book in my hand until the stupid sound of the laughter from the tv started driving me crazy. I huffed, trying to focus on my book but the sound of the tv filled my head and I slammed by book down, putting my head in my knees. Wilhemina then stands up from her chair and storms up to the cable box and turns it  all the way down.

"What the hell Wilhemina?!" Audrey says.

"Oh shut up," she replied, sitting back down. I kept my head on my knees and my stomach started to hurt from the supplements. Dr. Staple soon called everyone for lunch but I had fallen asleep on the couch. Ellie walks over, shaking me awake.

" y/n, it's time for lunch come on," she whispered as people were still leaving. I opened my eyes, rubbing the sleep from them until Xandra laughs and says to Lana: "She can't hide from her forever!" Dr. Staple's gaze snaps over to Xandra.

"Xandra. Did you take that note?"

"What note, mommy?" she says with a "confused" face. Lana just bursts out laughing and I look up at the two of them with a pissed off face. I then look behind them to see Wilhemina giving them both a death stare. They turn around, seeing the way the ginger was eyeing them and they quickly leave the room.

Wilhemina leaves as well and Dr. Staple kneels beside me, resting a hand on my back.

"y/n, you have to come eat. You can't get all your nutrients from the tube. You have to eat too."

"No."

"y/n."

I still didn't respond so she sighs and leaves the room. Soon I hear a familiar voice.

"y/n, honey you have to come to lunch."

It was Alice.

"No."

"y/n."

"I got the tube again why do I have to go?" I mumbled, still holding onto my knees.

"You're going to feel really sick if you don't eat something too."

"I don't care."

"...We have to talk to you. Dr. Staple and I... about Diane."

"I don't want to talk to you about Diane."

"y/n, that note was harassment. If something happened between you two, it's not your fault."
I looked up at her with tears in my eyes and she rests a hand on my back.

"I'm so embarrassed. It's my fault. I led her on and let her think I loved her."

"I think you made it clear last night that you very much don't."

"I should have done that sooner."

"How about after lunch, we have a sit down together and you can tell us everything you're uncomfortable with?"

"...Okay."

"Okay. Come on let's go get some lunch. Wilhemina saved you a spot."

I smiled a bit to my self and walked with her to lunch. I ate a very small amount but I was proud of it. After, Dr. Staple and Alice approached me as I was talking to Wilhemina. Diane eyed me as I went with them.

"Wait, I need a cigarette first," I mumbled, rushing upstairs with a few of the other women. I went to my room, quickly lighting one with a nervous stomach. I suddenly hear a quiet knock on the door. I open it to see none other than Diane. Before I could say anything, she quickly closed the door and stood in front of it.