Chapter 20

Izuku slowly opened his eyes, plinking away the sleep. He was lying on something warm with a pair of arms wrapped around him. He instantly knew that it was his dad, the protective and safe warmth surrounding his entire body.

"You awake?" His dad asked, brushing the hair that had fallen over his face while he slept behind his ear.

"Mhm" Izuku hummed, snuggling impossibly closer into his dad's chest. His mother never would have let him do something like that. Never did either.

"The bus is almost at the camp. Maybe you should try to wake up a little before we're there?" His dad asked softly, petting his head.

"Yeah", Izuku yawned, stretching his arms in front of him. He looked around, expecting to see his classmates, but was met by The Wild Wild Pussycats and a child instead. "Where's the rest of the class?" He asked, suddenly more awake then before.

"They are out in the woods fighting dirt monsters! Probably won't be at the camp before sundown", one of the Pussycats answered, clearly excited about the whole situation.

"Oh, well, thanks for letting me sleep instead" Izuku muttered, laying his head against his dad's chest again. He only chuckled in response, flicking Izuku softly on the forehead. Izuku only scrunched his nose in response, looking up at his dad betrayed.

It took 5 minutes before they got to camp. They started taking their bags off of the bus and put them into the rooms they were going to stay in. About 1 hour later, both him and his dad were finished and sat down together on one of the couches that were in the camp building. Izuku sat leaning into his dad's side, both of them just relaxing while they could.

"Hey dad?" Izuku spoke up after a while of silence.

"Yeah?" His dad opened one eye, looking down at him.

"Do you think it was meant to be? Like, now we have a family of two cats and two birds! You have to admit papa looks kinda like a cockatoo", Izuku numbered the last sentence, blushing in embarrassment. Dad chuckled at him fondly, ruffling his curls.

"Yeah, I guess he does" he answered, closing his eyes again.

____________________________

The sun was about almost set when the rest of the class walked out of the forest, all of them looking exhausted. Izuku looked at them all, suddenly glad that his dad had a soft spot for him. Hitoshi walked up to him, looking more dead than usual.

"Betrayed. That is how I feel right now. How could you do this to me, Izuku", Hitoshi all but whined. Izuku burst out laughing at his crush friend's expression. Hitoshi looked even more betrayed at that. Before either one of them could speak again, his dad spoke up.

"Go eat before you take a bath in the hot springs. It is going to be a long week" he said. Everyone ran to get some food, clearly hungry after the exercise they had just done.

"C'mon Zuku, I'm starving", Hitoshi dragged Izuku towards the food, seemingly oblivious to the deep blush on his cheeks from the new nickname.

"C-coming!" Izuku stuttered slightly, jogging to catch up with the purple-haired teen. They ate together with the rest of the Deku-squad, talking casually together about whatever came to mind.

When they were done eating, they walked to the hot springs to take a bath. Izuku was glad that Mineta wasn't in this class anymore, the short teen reminding him so much of his old homeroom teacher. Still, Izuku couldn't stop the light blush that came onto his cheeks when he saw his crush. Izuku could hear the girls on the other side because of his now better hearing, but ignored it in favor of giving the girls privacy.