Chapter 5~

I was too scared to move or breathe, but I slowly looked up to see the pale skin of the man who ruined my life, actually turn a little red....Oh no.

"You insignificant little fool, look what you have done!"

I looked over and saw John looking at me with a fearful look on his face..I looked at him with pleading eyes, but I knew if he tried to help me, he'd die.

Before I could say something to save myself, he kicked me in the ribs, making me cry out in pain...I think he broke them. Every breath I took felt like someone was stabbing me over and over.

"Sir please-"

He kicked me again and again, before reaching down and picking me up by my throat. He held me up until my toes barely touched the ground, and tightened his grip, making it harder to breathe.

His brown eyes turned piercing red and he said "I told you not to make a mistake..But clearly you can't listen! Now you've ruined everything!" He dropped me down on the ground, causing me to land on my ribs.

He proceeded to kick me in the stomach, my chest, he punched me in the face, and I thought I was gonna die right there. My body was on fire, and I knew it couldn't take much more of this.

Just as I was about to black out, I heard someone say "Dad, stop!" But Hugh didn't stop, he kept hitting me and kicking me, but then it stopped. I looked around with half closed eyes and saw Brian shove his dad away, and stood between me and him.

Everyone looked at him with shock, but he didn't care. "This is none of your business Brian, he ruined your party!"

"I never even wanted this goddamn party!"

Gasps came from the crowd, and Brian just rolled his eyes. Hugh's eyes and Heather's eyes went wide and I saw Hugh's eyes turn red again.

"What do you mean?!"

"I don't want to marry Heather!"

"WHAT?!" They said at the same time.

Brian said "She's an obnoxious, self absorbed bitch! But clearly it doesn't matter what I want, does it? You've controlled me my whole life, and I'm fucking sick of it! And it's not even his fault! Olivia tripped him!!"

He's standing up for me!

The room was so silent, you could hear a pin drop. Everyone was just staring at him, and his father looked like he wanted to kill him, but neither of them dared to move.

I was struggling to stay awake, when I felt a pair of hands on me.

"Come on, we need to get you to the infirmary." John said. I nodded and he carefully helped me up. Another server came and helped, and everyone watched as they took me away.

When we got to the infirmary in the mansion, one of the nurses led us over to an empty infirmary bed. As soon as they got me on that bed, everything went black.