Chapter 12~

I laid there on my side, breathing peacefully. My mind kept going back to what just happened between us. I felt the bed shift behind me, and a long pale arm wrapped around my waist from behind.

Brian pulled me into his chest, and moved my hair away from my shoulder, before kissing my neck. He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck and sighed.

"Words cannot describe how that just made me feel." He said, making me smile.

We fell silent for a moment before he said "Jeordie, look at me." I looked back at him, and his beautiful eyes held mine. He kissed me and said "What just happened between us...was the happiest moment of my entire life...Which coming from a rich kid with eternal life, is very special."

I smiled a little and felt the voice of doubt in the back of my mind...Did he really mean that? Is it true?

He gently took my hand and placed it over where his heart was. "Can you feel that?"

I shook my head and said "No."

His eyes glassed over a little, and I saw a tear roll down his cheek. "Exactly...Waking up every day, knowing that my heart will never beat, is the most painful thing I have ever experienced. And all it had done, is being me nothing but sadness and darkness...But what we just did, it was so beautiful and loving...I thought I felt my heart beat for a second. I felt happy....I felt human."

More tears were rolling down his cheeks, and I was on the verge of crying myself. I never knew having this life was so sad and painful for him...Sometimes I envied them for their immortality...No fear, no pain, nothing to worry about.

I envied them because they meant something, while I was nothing. But hearing this coming from Vampire royalty, it broke my heart.

I reached my hand up and gently wiped the tears away from his beautiful face. He closed his eyes at my touch, and nuzzled his temple into my palm. He gently grabbed my wrist, and kissed my palm and the back of my hand.

When I wiped all the tears away, he put my hand back over his heart.

"I was considering suicide before I saw you the day of the party...I hated my life. I wanted to die the next day when the sun came up...I just wanted to walk out in the sun, and let the sunlight free from my prison...But then I saw you. There was something about you I liked, and after my father almost killed you, that's when my feelings for you, developed."

My jaw dropped when he said that...I saved him. I saved his life. If his dad didn't tell me to make sure they were ready, he would've killed himself the next day. This time, I had tears rolling down my cheeks.

He brushed them away and said "Aww don't cry. Don't cry my Angel..It's okay. It's okay, shhh."

He kissed my forehead and held my face in his hands, making me look at him.

"I may not be alive, but I will stay alive, for you..And I will use every fiber of my being, to keep you safe from them.....Jeordie, I want to take you away from here."

I scrunched my eyebrows together and asked "What?"

He brushed another tear away and said "I want to leave this place..But I'm not going anywhere without you.

I will not let them hurt you anymore...I won't allow it. I want to take you far away from this hell."

"But..But what if they catch us? They'll kill us, and I don't want you to get hurt because of me."

He kissed me gently and said "They'll never catch us...By the time they realize we're gone, we'll be far far away from this place. We can go wherever we want, start over, and not worry about them...It'll be just you and me."

I laid my head down on his chest, and he wrapped an around around me. He kissed my temple and said "I love you."

I smiled big and said "I love you too." I yawned and he chuckled. "Are you tired?"

I nodded and he said "Okay sleepyhead, go to sleep. I'll wake you up when we need to go back."

I nodded again and snuggled deeper into his chest.

"Sleep now, my Angel...This'll all be over soon."

My eyes felt heavier and when I closed my eyes, I felt into a deep peaceful sleep.