Chapter 8~

*3 Day's Later*

After my enounter with Brian, my body was healing up great! My ribs weren't broken, and my bruises were healing quickly...The nurses are baffled by how quickly my body was healing, but they didn't ask....Nor did I want to tell them I got a little help from my Vampire "friend".

After leaving the infirmary, I ran into John and he smiled. "Hey buddy! Good to see you back!" I smiled and he pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged him back and he said "Come on...He's requesting all the servants."

I nodded and followed him along with the other servants, to the grand ballroom where the party was held. Hugh was standing there, along with Barbera, Olivia, and Brian.

Hugh's eyes landed on me, but his face was emotionless. "Jeordie...You've healed rather quickly."

I nodded and he said "Well...It seems like there's been a concern for the health and welfare of our servants, lately." I looked over at Brian, and he was looking back at me. He didn't smile or do anything, then they would get suspicious.

"I find it truly touching that my son, stood up for you...I never knew he had a thing for humans." Did he find out?

"But out of the kindness of my heart, each and every one of you will not be sleeping underground anymore. You will all stay in the guest house, on the property."

Our jaws dropped when we heard this....The guest house is as big as this mansion.

"Food will always be provided to you, but you must keep your house clean, just as you keep this one. If not, back underground you go...Are we all understood?"

We all nodded and he smiled. "Good. Now gather your things, because you're moving into your house now. And we'll have a new system set up where we can reach you when your services are needed."

When he let us go, everyone practically ran back downstairs to grab their stuff...John and I being two of them. Finally! We'll all have real food, nice warm beds, SHOWERS!! I'm so happy right now! Once we got our stuff together, we all walked over to the guest house, where a key laid waiting for us, on a welcome mat.

I picked up the key, unlocked the front doors, and opened them. Our jaws dropped in awe as we took in the inside of our new home...It was more beautiful on the inside, than the outside.

We all scrambled inside, going for the bedrooms. I opened the door to one room, and gasped. The room was big..Not huge, but it was big. The walls were a beige color, the carpet was soft and clean, and the bed was a four poster bed canopy bed....It was perfect.

I set all my stuff on a dresser and took my shoes of. I slowly made my way over to the bed, and ran my hand over the soft fabric of the bed sheets and the comforter. I sat down and slowly laid down on the bed. I sighed and turned my head to the left.

I stared at the empty spot next to me, and imagined that Brian was in that same spot.