blue moon

Taehyun brought forth the Herrscher of the Star, his eyes glinting a bright gold colour and four blades of white and gold danced beside his figure. Anger had fully taken over, and there was no chance of mercy for Yeonjun. The other still laughed maniacally, inching closer towards Taehyun. "Kill me, Star. Destroy my existence! Prove to everyone that Schers are just monsters that want to kill! Do it!"

Taehyun brought down both his hands and a large purple cube formed, crashing down where Yeonjun stood. The cube split both horizontally and vertically. The white and gold blades by his side formed thin, flat ribbons snd sliced through the cube, as if to ensure that Yeonjun was dead.

There was no further movement. Taehyun scoffed, turning to face Beomgyu's corpse, but the cube was shattered and Yeonjun emerged with slight injury. He launched a cyan blue blade at Taehyun, but the student quickly formed a black hole in front of him to absorb the blade. The portal opened behind him, and the weapon continued towards the ground.

"You killed him," Taehyun muttered almost cynically, tears still in his eyes as his expression remained rather blank. "You just… killed him. My Beomgyu. I warned you not to hurt him, and you just took him from me. I'm not the monster here — you are. You don't deserve to live."

Yeonjun raised his hands, forming another weapon like before. "I'm not afraid of you."

Taehyun stood still as a huge black circle formed behind, spanning almost fifty metres in diameter. He glanced beside him, seeing Beomgyu's parents and Minseon on the side. He simply formed a circle below them and they fell through, falling into a different part of the city. At least they were out the way. The circle behind him had a red outline, mimicking the power of the Void.

"I won't let you hurt anyone else here," Taehyun muttered, clicking his finger. The black void behind him absorbed them, transporting them to another dimension. The neighbourhood had split from Earth, and the scattered cracks of rocks and the landmass itself was unstable as it floated within space.

Only Taehyun and Yeonjun existed in that space. Yeonjun looked around in confusion before chuckling. "So you've used the Herrscher of the Void's power. I wish I could utilise the other Herrschers within me to my advantage — but alas, I can only use my style."

"You dare speak so casually after what you've just done," Taehyun hissed angrily. "You'll die today, I promise you. You killed him — you killed the boy I love!"

"Schers don't feel love!" Yeonjun yelled.

"I'm not a Scher — I'm a damn human!"

Taehyun raised his arms, multiple of the flat circles like before dotted the area behind him, glowing with a gold outline. Yeonjun was quiet, a mere chuckle escaping his throat. "Finally — the Seventh Herrscher of the Star has awakened…"

The circles glowed brightly as the same blades by Taehyun's side appeared from the circles. Hundred were lined up, and Taehyun was ready. All his anger and fury had built up for that moment, and Yeonjun would definitely die at that moment. "The creation of Herrschers was a mistake. No power like this should have ever existed. Filth such as yourself was given a chance at life. Disgusting. This life isn't one for you." Taehyun thrusted his hand forward. "Die."

The blades barraged at Yeonjun, and the Sixth had no chance of escaping. The blades all attacked Yeonjun, piercing the area around him as well as multiple areas of his body. Of course, he still defended himself with his style, but it barely worked. The barrage of blades ended and Taehyun lowered himself to the ground, taking gingerly steps towards him.

The blades vanished into thin air, and Yeonjun was left bleeding on the ground. One of the blades remained, lodged in his abdomen and pinning him to the ground. Yeonjun chuckled as he met Taehyun's gold eyes. "They really went all out on you, didn't they?"

"I'm just angry," Taehyun answered simply, stopping just before him. "Beomgyu's dead now. The only way to express my remorse is to kill his killer." He scoffed slightly, looking to the side. "I thought you'd be a challenge. How pitiful. I didn't get to use Time Leap."

"You're the strongest one in existence," Yeonjun muttered before coughing up blood. "The only Herrscher capable of mass destruction right now. The Void was capable, but was killed two months after its creation by its predecessor, the Third. Look at you — the strongest Herrscher of all time and you want to be friendly."

"Destruction brings me no joy," Taehyun answered, holding his hand out above Yeonjun. "Watching you breathe sickens me. I hope you at least get into heaven."

Yeonjun chuckled, shsking his head. "There's no place for me in heaven. Not for my kind." He clutched his bleeding abdomen in pain before smirking. "Go ahead — finish me off."

Taehyun was quiet before lowering his hand. "First tell me how to obtain the power to become the Herrscher of the End."

"The End…?" Yeonjun frowned. "The creation process has yet to be confirmed. There's no way to tell if Herrscher of the End could be made with a normal Herrscher, or even with your special case. Why would you want that power? You're not going to do anything with it."

"I need to access the Herrscher of Mortality within the soul core inside me," Taehyun continued. "How would I do that?"

"You tell me," Yeonjun scoffed. "We with possess Mortality within our cores. If I could access it, I wouldn't be dying right now."

Taehyun fell silent, raising his hand again. "Aenix Labs is still running. I'll find them and gain more souls through them to grow stronger. I know there are more Herrschers out there that will only kill the humans without remorse. They don't deserve life. No, truthfully — die."

Taehyun summoned another circle beside him, holding his hand still before thrusting downward. A blade pierced Yeonjun's heart and his body stopped moving immediately. The Sixth Herrscher of the Flamescion was officially dead. Even if he managed to live, he'd be trapped in the void Taehyun created forever.

Taehyun turned around, summoning the large circle from before and walking towards it. His eyes lost that gold glow, returning to his red as he stepped through the circle back to Earth. "I'll find a way to bring Beomgyu back… whether he has to b