[ EVERYTHING IMPORTANT ]

Right, so I thought the readers would need a nice, neat summary of everything that supports the plot of this book. I'll be listing all the Herrschers, current Schers in the book, as well as Pseudo Herrschers. It'll be important to understand going forward :)

Frstly, we'll note what a Herrscher actually is. A Herrscher is an envoy/vessel used to host an amalgamated Scher soul core.

Pseudo-Herrschers refer to false Herrschers. Herrschers that are not part of the Herrscher cycle, and were either created artificially or possessed. Normally Pseudo-Herrschers are made with residual Scher energy, thus are less powerful than an average Herrscher. They don't contain the core that makes them a Herrscher.

A Scher Soul Core is a device that can harness the energy of a Scher, placing all the passive skills of the Scher within the host. For example, the Second Herrscher of the Void can create pocket dimensions, which was a passive style and Taehyun was able to harness that style. They usually lie dormant within the vessel, but with rare cases like Taehyun, the styles can be harnessed.
⇨ the core can be used in another vessel if not neutralised properly.

The power of the next Herrscher contains the power of the previous. The style of the previous Herrscher does not overcome the style of the current Herrscher, but can be harnessed if the Herrscher tries hard enough.

MAIN HERRSCHERS

First Herrscher of Reason (deceased)
— Han Yejin (Republic of South Korea)
• was human
• object creation, changing the perspective of solid objects to fit the perspective of the Herrscher

Second Herrscher of the Void (deceased)
• was a Scher
— Theresa Mason (Canada)
• pocket dimension creation, space manipulation, alternation of time and space

Third Herrscher of Rimestar (deceased)
• was a Scher
— Zhang Yixing (Republic of China)
• gravity and ice. The Rimestar Herrscher was made with an additional regular Scher soul of one that used an ice style

Fourth Herrscher of Mortality (alive)
• was a Scher
— Kim Sunwoo (Republic of South Korea)
• controls the outcome of life and death within an individual, and able to walk the barrier between life and death

Fifth Herrscher of Sentience (deceased)
• was a human
— Sebastian Renaud (France)
• dream world creation/illusions. adapted the style of the First Herrscher to accompany his style as the Fifth

Sixth Herrscher of Flamescion (deceased)
• was a Scher
— Choi Yeonjun (Republic of South Korea)
• flame/fire manipulation, explosions and weaponry

Seventh Herrscher of the Star (alive)
• was a human
— Kang Taehyun (Republic of South Korea)
• Black hole creation and gravity manipulation

PSEUDO HERRSCHERS

Herrscher of Binding
— Choi Beomgyu (formerly human)
• power negation
• was created by Aenix Labs because he had been killed by the Sixth. The Mortality soul fragment in the core of the Herrschers awoke his soul and he was revived

Herrscher of Corruption
— Choi Soobin (formerly Scher)
• biological manipulation, ability to control the molecular structure of living beings and destroy their physical being (limited as it drains a lot of energy)

Herrscher of Domination
— Lee Minseon (formerly Scher)
• replication, ability to control large groups of people (albeit limited, the number of people she can control is large)

KNOWN SCHERS SO FAR

— Park Jay (Beomgyu's best friend)
— Lim Jimin (blue-haired boy)
— Choi Soobin (Aenix Lab assistant)

FINAL HERRSCHER (*does not exist yet)

Herrscher of The End
— ???
• highest class of Herrscher
• created by ultimately putting every Herrscher soul fragment together
• the core is said to be extremely unstable
• can be created by a regular Herrscher, as they accumulate more souls by absorbing other Herrschers (i.e. Taehyun can consume the soul of every Herrscher to proceed him, and grow stronger even as the Seventh. In the end, he'll evolve to become the Herrscher of The End)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Aenix Labs
— the laboratory that began experimenting on humans and Schers in attempt to create a "super Scher", or better known as a Herrscher. The lab launched in South Korea with a branch in both Canada and China. The lab is responsible for the creation of every Herrscher.
— upon realisation that the Herrschers were a force that shouldn't be reckoned with, the government stopped providing monetary support, causing the lab to shut down. It was thought that the Fifth destroyed the lab, but the lab was actually adapted under Anti-Entropy and worked in secret.

Anti-Entropy
— this is the military subunit that works with inhumane forces and anomalies, mainly Scher attacks world-wide. Every country has a Anti-Entropy division, and has a further division known as the Scher Containment Protocol Unit. These units work in teams to rid society of Schers that aim to harm humans and cause destruction.

⇧ Taehyun's style representation (literally from genshin impact, lol, but this is what I had in mind)

⇧ Taehyun's second style used to kill Yeonjun (but the outlines are gold)

And there we have it! That's all we need to know thus far :D I hope you're enjoying the book, it's so much fun to write this ahhhh <3 I just keep thinking of a webtoon style for this story, since it's more fictional than anything. Lowkey wanna draw concept art </33 see y'all in the next update!