kepler1649c

"I am Ji Changmin, agent under Anti-Entropy and now this team's leader."

Beomgyu held his hands in front of him with a nervous gaze. The agent in front of them was rather intimidating, his dyed dark red hair slicked back with a few strands poking out to give him quite a handsome look. His eyes were fierce, but his smile gave way to a rather misplaced dimple that stood out amongst his attempted intimidation.

Junseo seemed excited, however. He, Beomgyu and Taehyun bowed politely to show respect to their apparent tean leader. "Hello…"

"Don't take me as seriously and you do right now, the only way I'm actually above you is probably in age," Changmin said with a smile. "I'm a Scher as well with a regular style, being able to make shields much like Captain Durandal. However, I prefer to use organisation-issued weapons because they're much cooler. I'm aware we have a full team of Schers here, so no doubt we'll be strong."

"You were the one in the observation office all those times," Beomgyu suddenly muttered. "Weren't you also the one that captured Taehyun that day?"

"Yes, but it was necessary," Changmin answered. "We'll commence warm-up training before 7am every day to prepare for the day. You'll become regular students after this again and won't need to stay here anymore. Only come for trisning each morning and we'll train for two hours until school starts for the day. Weekends is patrolling the city and outskirts for rogues."

"Yes."

"Glad to see you three co-operating, because I heard Beomgyu would be difficult," Changmin said with a positive nod. "Any complaints? Thoughts? Additions?"

Beomgyu seem to pout a bit. "7am is a little early…"

"Beomgyu," Taehyun scolded softly.

Changmin laughed, shaking his head in amusement. "You have to train the most, Pseudo. From what I know, you haven't manifested a style yet. I've been told that I need to provoke your core just enough to activate it. I've done it before with Soobinnie, so my training will hopefully be successful."

"You trained a Pseudo Herrscher? You must be amazing," Beomgyu hummed. "What style does Mister Doctor Soobin use, exactly?"

"That's confidential information," Changmin laughed. "Junseo. You're practically sorted out considering your style, correct? I have no gripes about you being late, then. However, I'd like for you to work on your energy expenditure. Beomgyu, we need to work on a physical style. Taehyun, we need to work on control."

Changmin guided the three boys to the new training chamber they'd be using, and Beomgyu seemed a little excited, having a slight bounce in their step as they walked. Taehyun looked at him with a laugh, imitating his little bounces as he walked. "Why are you excited, Beommie?"

"Training is fun these days," Beomgyu said. "I don't like being at school anyways. I get to fight and get stronger, just like you."

"Just like me? How sweet," Taehyun smiled, suddenly leaning against Beomgyu. "You know how I hate my power and still make me feel better about it. I wish I could have your unnerving positivity."

"Instead of hating what's inside you, co-operate with it," Beomgyu shrugged. "I was human, but what can I do except develop myself further? I'd love to ignore it and live as I did before, but I practically owe Anti-Entropy my life after what happened."

"I was ready to fight for you, by the way," Taehyun said. "I would've found a way to bring you back, and I was prepared to give you my core. I would've brought you back no matter what — even if I'd have to use force."

"But there's no need for that," Junseo said suddenly. "Anti-Entropy would work with you because he means a lot to you. I don't think they'd purposefully anger the Seventh Herrscher."

"True," Taehyun chuckled, looking ahead with a thoughtful gaze. "Maybe they fear me."

"Emergency protocol 2 launched. Containment breach detected im Chamber 3!"

Minseon pressed the intercom button hurriedly so that her voice could be heard by the occupant of the Eden Chamber. "Soobin, calm down. You told me to regulate you, but now you're letting the will of the Herrscher take over so easily!"

Soobin was panting heavily, his hands shaking with nervousness as he shakily stepped forward. "P-please h-help me... I can't do this anymore..."

"We can't remove the core anyways, because if we do, you'll die," she said hurriedly. "You need to resist—"

"I have been resisting for years!" Soobin yelled, tears forming in his eyes. "Humanity hates us. They want us dead. The only way humans will accept us is if we make them fear us. It's too easy to get rid of us. I deserve to be here just as much as they do. I won't accept weakness any longer."

"Soobin—"

"I'm sick and tired!" Soobin yelled again. "I'm sick and tired of being hated for what I am! I won't live like this. They'll fear me."

"You won't make them fear you, you'll just create an unnecessary mess," Minseon said with a sigh. "Just lay down and we'll begin the regulation process again. We can help you."

"I said I'm done."

Soobin raised his hand, the magenta glowing and illuminating the darkened room. He pointed his hand at the window leading to the observation office and a buzzing sound filled the room
The lights switched off. Minseon fell to her knees, clutching her ears in pain as the ringing became louder and louder. She released a silent scream, unable to even hear herself.

The lights suddenly switched on again, but we're flickering uncontrollably. She looked up, seeing the glass of the observation window shattered, shards of glass lying all over the floor. She hadn't even heard anything about from the shrill ringing. Soobin was gone.

"Soobin has gone rogue," she muttered, tapping the button on her wrist. "The Herrscher of Corruption has left the vicinity. Stay on your guard. We have no idea where he is. Stay armed — he is more dangerous than the Herrscher of Binding."

"Yes, Captain Durandal. Security will patrol immediately."

"Tell all Scher personnel to partake in this breach — it may be difficult to stop him as a human," Minseon added, disconnecting when the security confirmed her orders. She stood up, dusting down her skirt and immediately leaving the observation office. "We should have regulated him sooner, I'm such an idiot..."