Chapter 19 Just like a dad

Ashlynn's Pov-

We pulled up to the mansion and I helped Chris out to the medical room and the guards went to inform the others.

We were sitting inside the medical room while the doctor - Ross - was checking Chris over.

I was seated in a chair besides the bed, getting more anxious by the second.

The whole car ride, we were catching up and making small talk.

I never told him about my biologicals being the Americans, but he didn't question it either.

I also didn't question him yet about why he was being held captive by them.

I swear I will kill each and every one of them. But not before I make them beg on their knees for me to kill them because of how much pain I'll inflict on them.

And with that, I started planning all of their murders while taking pleasure in the thought.

But one thing that was eating me alive at the time- was guilt.

Guilt that I couldn't save my father when he being tortured for god knows what in the same house I was.

And I didn't do anything about it. Hell I didn't even know about it.

I can't believe how awful of a daughter I'd been.

Chris had been gone for about 2 years, who knows what he's been through in the time. I can't believe I let him go in the first place. Biggest mistake of my life.

I'm bought out of my self pity by thudding of footsteps of what sounds like a bunch of elephants.

Well time for my friends to be shocked.

The door swung open and their stood Ace, Vi and Lix.

"Chris?"
"Christopher Pierce?"
"Who the hell are you?"

They said in unison.

Ace had gotten quite close to Christopher as well in the few weeks they'd known eachother.

Viola knew him as the former chief and owner of the Agency and knew that I was quite close to him.

Felix on the other hand, had no idea who this guy is.

Before I could answer,

"Oh my god where the hell have you been" Ace squealed, running towards his bed and taking him in a bone crushing hug.

Chris winced at the pain but hugged him back none the less.

I tried to fight back a smile where as Felix was looking at him suspiciously.

"This is Christopher Pierce. Former Chief and Owner of the SC Agency, a father figure to me and really close to Ace as well. " I told Felix.

He nodded his head in realisation and stretched his hand out to him for a shake.

Chris looked at it suspiciously and looked at me as if saying who he is.

"This is Felix. Viola's elder brother and our best friend" I explained.

He looked at me with narrowed eyes as if accusing me of something romantic or I was dating him or something. Ok ew disgusting.

"Like a brother." I sighed and rolled my eyes.

He nodded and shook his hand firmly.

"Yeah yeah you can have your little family reunion later, but first you need to get Outta here so I can check over the wounds." Ross interjected.