Chapter 25 "Thankyou"

Ashlynn's Pov-

I heard the door open behind me and my shoulders immediately stiffened while my hand reached out to the dagger on my leg.

As the person walked forward, I got ready to attack but they didn't do anything and just took a seat next to me on the floor.

I slowly turned my head around to see who it was, because it sure as hell couldn't be Ace, Vi or Lix. They know better than to sneak up on me.

I saw Alfie sitting there, taking in his surroundings.

What the hell is he doing here?!

I look at him again, making sure I actually saw him and my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

Nope, still there. I blinked.

Yup, definitely there.

His eyes were glued to my shoulder. I looked down to see a huge dark spot on my suit and that's when I started to feel the excruciating pain as well.

Huh, so that's where the blood came from.

Yeah, and the million other injures I probably have right now.

Oh well.

I made sure to show no pain on my face and continued wrapping Chris's wounds sloppily while paying no attention to Alfie's presence.

"You need to get those wounds wrapped up Ashlynn." He spoke softly after a while, referring to the blood patches on my suit. I shook my head and rubbed my hands together anxiously, waiting for the medical team to arrive.

Gosh what's taking them so long.

"Look, you can hate me all you want, but if you don't get help soon, you'll literally like bleed to death." He spoke more seriously this time, coming closer to take a better look at my wounds.

I pulled my hand up and pointed towards Chris's unconscious body. "Him first"

Alfie looked at me with a concerned expression but nonetheless nodded after considering his options for a good minute. Guess he knows better than to argue with me by now. He grabbed a clean cloth from one of the cupboards in the room -don't even ask why it was there in the first place- and started to wrap his wounds up way more securely and professionally than I was.

After he was done, he turned towards me and began "he'll be fine until we're able to get the medical help. But you-"

He was cut off by the doors of the room bursting open and Ace sprinting in, towards me and tackling me into a bone crushing hug, literally cutting off my air supply.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" He mumbled into my hair, not letting go.

"Can't-....... breathe-..." I choked out, not being able to speak.

He immediately loosened his grip but still kept his hands on my shoulders and mumbled an apology.

I nodded and motioned towards Chris as I tilted my head towards his unconscious state.

Ace looked at him and his eyes widened as he looked back at me, as if asking if he'll be ok.

"He needs Medical attention." I informed him hurriedly.

"I don't mean to interfere but like you also need some serious medical help. You really need to get those wounds stitched up or they might get infected" Alfie piped in, a pleading expression on his face.

Ace looked at Alfie, the back at me and then back at Alfie. He had an extremely confused expression on his face and it looked like he was having a hard time forming words.