Chapter 29 The shitshow~

ASHLYNN'S Pov-

After the whole incident, the both of us rested at the bench for a while. My head was throbbing and mind was getting cloudy by all the pain.

I was pretty sure my shoulder wound had reopened and if my ankle was just dislocated before, it was definately broken now.

My already damaged ribs were worsening by the second and it hurt to take every breath.

There was a comfortable silence between Alfie and I but I could sense his eyes on me, even though mine were closed.

A few minutes later, we decided to walk back to the mansion as it was getting really late.

So we walked for 15 minutes in the cold and windy November night before reaching the house and walking in.

It was around midnight when we reached and thankfully, nobody was up. I really didn't have the energy to face any of them at the time.

I headed straight towards my room and got into the hot shower. After rubbing all the dirt off and just standing there in the shower thinking -and overthinking- about everything that had happened and could have happened, I got dressed into a comfortable night suit and walked out of the bathroom.

I opened the bathroom door slightly and saw a figure sitting on my bed. I quickly grabbed the knife I kept in my bathroom for emergencies and quietly got out of the bathroom while the figure was facing the other way.

I sneaked up behind them only to find out that the person was none other than my brother himself, Alfie.

I sighed a quickly slipped the knife into my pocket before he could see it.

He turned around to face me and asked if I was okay when he saw the alert state I was in.

I nodded and narrowed my eyes at him.

"What if I had walked out of there naked"

"You didn't." Was all he said.

"Do you seriously have no respect for privacy at all?" I asked, a bit annoyed, while brushing my wet hair.

"Well, as long as you're not the next super secret president America never knew it had, I don't think there's much more that you're hiding" he replied sarcastically but as a matter of fact.

"Don't be so confident" I replied in the same tone while smirking slightly and giving him a side glance.

He let out a soft breathy chuckle and pointed in front of him towards the bowl full of Mac and cheese.
My favourite.

"Thought you should eat something other than....... coffee before you go to bed"

"Thanks" I nodded.

We both ate in silence and he didn't ask any questions, nor did he bring up anything about his car going up in flames because of a freaking bomb. And I was extremely grateful for that.

Turns out I was actually really hungy so I quickly finsihed my food and he went back to his room after saying our goodnight's.

After brushing my teeth, I finally went to bed and passed out the moment my head hit the pillow.

*Ring*

*Ring*

*Ring*

I groaned when I was bought out of my peaceful sleep by the continuous annoying ringing of my phone.

I pinched my left eye open and saw it was Ace who decided to interrupt my dreams of living in a house made of coffee and chocolate.

He's lucky I actually like him. Not at this moment though.