Chapter 42 Next stop, Italy

Ash's Pov:

"What the hell is going on"

"I don't fuckin know alright"

"guys, shut up."

"don't tell me to shut up when I'm literally hanging from a ceiling."

"spiderman has always been your idol, so suck it."

"can you guys stop bickering for ONCE in your entire life?"

I groggily opened my eyes and looked around. The dim golden-yellow light entered my eyes and I squinted because of the fuzziness in my head. I decided to close my eyes again and seep into the wilderness of the scenarios created by my subconscious brain. That was however, before I felt a sharp stinging pain on my wrists and the cramps travelling down my arms.

I shook my head and took a deep breath, waking up fully and finally registering the real world around me. It appeared to me that we were in some kind of a cell, maybe in a basement. It was a small jail kind of a thing and the hallway was eerily quite. Me and Ace were in one, Viola and Felix were in the one directly in front of ours. There was a chain of cells on both sides of the hallway. However, no sounds could be heard. It made sense that we were here all alone. It smelled like dusty old statues, similar to the kind you'd find in those small antique shops owned by an old lady, built by the corner of a lonely street that have just been there forever.

The four of our wrists were tied to a hook in the ceiling with a nylon rope, which was almost impossible to break through from. Our toes barely touched the ground and the rope kept digging into our skin. Overall, it was an annoying, uncomfortable and a painful position to be in.

"Well, it's about time you're up." Felix complained and sighed.

"Why, how long have you been up for?" I questioned, genuinely curious how long I was passed out for. Wait, how did I even pass out in the first place? My head was still spinning and the back of it felt swollen so I figured it was an attack to the back of it.

"Not that long at all, Felix is just acting like a baby because he got his ego hurt by the Spanish." Viola replied as she rolled her eyes at her brother.

"How did they even get to the both of you?" Ace whispered questioningly. Huh, he's been awfully quite so far.

"Well we were almost done with our part when these guards came out of nowhere along with Everly and she told us that they had already captured the both of you. We thought she was bluffing and that was impossible because, you know, both of you being deadly assassins and all. Anyway, so they were wearing these heavy masks and not much later, this gas which I'm guessing was nitrous oxide, seeped out from the vents and we were out like a corpse. Then we wake up and find ourselves in here, along with the both of you." Felix explained.

"We're assuming they pulled similar kind of crap with the both of you but it doesn't really matter now. Who knows what the Spanish members have planned for us. We need to get out of here as fast as we can, who knows how long it's been since Chris has been waiting for us by the plane." Viola exclaimed.

Oh, right.

Chris.

If that's even his real name.

I sucked in a sharp breath and swallowed the puke rising up my throat. The memories of what had just happened came rushing back and played in front of my eyes like an old horror movie.

It felt like I was reliving the moment and I couldn't move, speak, or even snap out of the memory. It felt like I was temporarily paralyzed.

I was so distracted, so afraid, so confused and so in disbelief that I didn't even hear the footsteps walking down the hall.