Chapter 4. Breakfast letters

The next morning at breakfast, Hermione seemed to be daydreaming, picking at her food with her fork, smiling dumbly at it.
Ron seemed to try to be ignoring her, not looking very happy at all. He kept eyeing Neville, who kept staring dreamily at Hermione.
Then, all the Owls started dropping packages and notes to all the students. Most of them were happy notes, wishing the students a happy year, and hoped they had a safe trip here, from their families. I didn't expect to get anything, not like the Dursleys would want to send me a letter saying how they missed me, not that the Dursleys would even have an owl.
I thought this until a small red envelope fell on my lap. I looked over at Ron, who gave me a "who is that from?" Look. I shrugged and peeled the envelope open, carefully.
Ron watched Hermione be delivered a light pink letter from Neville. He was distracted, a good time to open my letter, not knowing who in the world it could be from.
It read
"Dear Potter," and I didn't have to read any further to know who it was from. I gave a small grunt, and looked over at the Slytherin table, where Malfoy was talking quietly with Goyle.
What could he be sending me a letter about? Probably something to tease me about "being jelous of Neville".
I read on anyway.
"Meet me in the abandoned corridor at 8:00 pm sharp tonight. Come alone."
It wasn't signed, but I knew who it was from.
Ron turned towards me. "So, who was it from?" He asked, eyeing the letter as I closed it up and shoved it in my robe pocket.
"Malfoy. Something about being jealous of Neville. Nothing big. I'm used to it." I answered, shrugging it off.
It was probably a trap. He was kidding. I was sure of it.

Author's note : sorry it's a short chapter!