Chapter 14. The Forbidden Forest

When I saw Draco leaning against a tree near the edge of the Forbidden Forest, I took my invisibility cloak off, and started towards him.
"Hello, Harry," he said, smiling at me.
"Hi, Draco" I said, smiling back.
He pecked me on the mouth, which I deeply enjoyed.
"Let's go for a walk. We should talk." He said, grabbing my hand and leading me into the forest. Those words. We should talk, they made me feel uncomfortable. Has he different feelings about me now? Why else would he be holding my hand, and just kissed me? But you never know.
He stopped deep into the forest, where a spot out of the trees shined the moonlight. I'm guessing he knew this spot well.
"Harry, we need to talk. About us." He looked worried.
My heart beat faster than I had known it could.
"Yeah, I know" I said, acting like I expected this conversation.
"Harry, I really like you, and I want to be with you." He said, pulling me down on the ground so we could sit across from eachother.
I gulped, but gave him an awkward smile.
"Gods, Harry. Don't be so cute when I'm trying to be serious." He spat, but it only made me blush.
"So, will you, Harry Potter, go out with me?" He asked, his face turning scarlet again.
I laughed quietly. "Yes."
He breathed out, and let go of my hand. "Oh, okay. I expected you to say no." He laughed and looked up at me.
"but we can only tell our closest friends. Well, yours. Goyle and Crabbe would hate me. My parents can't find out. They would literally kill me, I would be dead. Nothing but a pile of bones." He breathed in and pulled me into a hug before I could reply.
"Yeah, Draco, I understand. We can stay a secret as long as you would like. Could we try to show people that we're friends, at least, so they could warm up to the idea?" I replied.
"Great idea, Harry, oh dear Voldemort, how I love that big brain of yours." He said, cupping my chin and pulling me into a kiss.
I smiled into the slow kiss, because I enjoyed being with him. Whether we were a secret or not. He made me genuinely happy.
"Draco Lucius Malfoy, I love this sweet side of yours." I said, smiling into his shoulder as we pulled out of the kiss and into a hug. I didn't want to let go.
"Can we just never leave, Draco?"I asked, sitting my chin on his shoulder.
"I'm afraid we have to, though, my sweet." He said, and I could feel him smile.
He took one of my hands and held it outward, bent.
"Do you know how to dance, Harry? The Yule ball is coming up. You should go with me."
Did he just ask me to the dance? Of course he did.
"I'd love to, Draco" I said, laughing, as I pulled my chin out of his shoulder enough to laugh at him as he pulled me from our spot on the ground and started slow dancing with me.
Dancing in the moonlight with none other than my enemy of 3 years, who would have thought. If anyone, even a week ago, had told me that I would have even found friendship in Draco Malfoy, much less slow dancing in the moonlight with him, I would have checked them into a mental institution.
He must have noticed me stumble over his feet as we danced because he held onto my waist tighter. I really didn't know how and I felt so embarrassed.
"Put your toes ontop of mine, I'll lead you." He suggested, smiling down at our feet

Author's note : FINALLY. I finally got to some actual Drarry. Took 14 chapters for them to realize they like eachother.