Chapter 21. We need to talk

The next morning, almost everyone skipped breakfast to enter their name into the goblet. Students were lined up from the hallways all the way up to the dormitories.
I tried to brush past everyone, with occasional "hey!", or "he's cutting!"
I couldn't decide whether I should enter now or later, and I hadn't talked to Draco in a couple days. Not since the Snape incident.
I entered the great Hall and took a seat next to Hermione and Ron at our almost-empty table, besides a couple of other Gryffindors, such as Neville, Dean, and us.
"Oh, come on, Harry! I was for sure that you would enter," Ron said.
"Yeah, come on, Harry, you could do it." Hermione said, giving me a playful slap on my arm.
"Relax, I'm entering later." I replied.
I shot Draco a glance from his table, he looked tired. Knowing him, he probably got up earlier than all of us just to enter his name first. No wonder he wasn't eating.
"Have you talked to Draco lately?" Hermione asked through her food.
"Has he owled his father yet?" Ron asked.
"Haven't had a chance." I replied as I looked back at Draco, hoping he would give me a look back.
He didn't. He looked too distracted by his bagel. Or maybe it was that he had to owl his father today.
I heard Snape yelling outside the great hall and I stopped eating to hear his words clearer.
"Out! Out! Eat your breakfast! You will all have a chance to enter later!" He yelled, shooing students into the Great Hall.
The tables filled quickly and it was no longer quiet, but filled with my fellow student's voices and busy chat.
---///---
The classes passed quickly, and so did my interest in them. The more classes I went to, the more I worried about Draco, how his father would react.
---///---
"Dray!" I yelled as I put my arms on his waist from behind.
"Harry," he said as he turned around and welcomed me into a hug.
"Are you owling your dad today?" I asked as I squeezed even tighter into our hug.
"Yes. And I expect a howler back." He laughed at his own joke.
I let out a small giggle in support.
"Well, if anything happens, you still have me. Good luck." I said as I planted a soft peck on his lips and grabbed his hands in mine.
"I'll see you after dinner." Dray said as he pulled away and gave me a smile as he headed through the corridor.
---///---
Before heading to dinner, I decided that I should put my name into the goblet, so I waited in line, and missed part of dinner, but I finally got my name In, after about 20 minutes.
'Finally,' I thought to myself.
I plopped down in between Ron and Hermione, which gave me the memory of when I first sat here, four years ago, when I barely knew them, and when I was enemies with Draco. I'm glad I wasn't anymore. I don't know what I'd be doing if I still were.
Dinner passed and I met Draco in the hall while they pulled the names from the goblet.
"Harry, I just sent the owl to my father. How are you? You looked distracted at dinner." He said.
"I'm fine. Just thinking about you." I replied.
"Well I'm just fine. I will be fine." He assured as he grabbed my hand.
"But we need to talk."