Chapter 12. Library

The classes passed quickly enough that day, knowing I proved Draco wrong. Why would he do such a thing? I thought WE might be a thing? I decided that I definetly have a crush on Draco. All these feelings.. And for him? How could I not realize? Does he feel the same? What was with him? One minute, he's kissing me in the corridor after curfew, the next minute, he's telling Snape about sneaking out. He's just like any spoiled girl.
After dinner, most of the Gryffindors spent their time in the common room, doing their homework, but I needed a special book in the library for mine. I spoke to Hermione about where exactly I could find this special book, and unsurprisingly, she knew the exact book, and where exactly to find it. So I headed off.
When I opened the library doors, it was abandoned, except for the librarian. I slammed the door behind me and jumped as the librarian shushed me. I told her I was sorry and set off down the rows for this special book, "Astronomy : History, 1826" I whispered to myself.
Without looking where I was going, I pointed my finger, reading down each book spine until I bumped into someone. That's what, the third time I've done it this year?
"Oops, sorry." I looked over, of COURSE it was Draco. The same person, every time. I glared at him, but he smiled.
"WHY did you tell Snape that we were out last night?" I said in a harsh whisper.
"We had to cover it up, Potter" he said in a regular voice, and the librarian hushed him.
"They can never know, especially not my parents. Could you imagine what they would do to me?"
Was he talking about US? Or the kiss? Or that he was out after curfew?
"Find out about what, exactly?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips.
"The kiss. How would they feel if they found out I was kissing the famous Harry Potter they despise?"
Kissing. Not just one kiss. That means he would kiss me more than once.
"You're right. But, you know, I don't have to worry about that, thanks to Voldemort." I said, scanning through the books again.
The librarian hushed me harshly as she stood up to glare at me. Guess she doesn't like that name.
"You-know-who, Potter, people don't like that name." He corrected me, scanning through the books same as I.
"What book are you looking for, Harry?" He asked me.
So he was calling me Harry again?
"Uhh.. Astronomy : 18 something"
"That one?" He asked, pointing at the book I was looking for.
"Yeah, that's it" I answered.
I reached for it, but I felt a cold hand under mine. It was his.
I pulled my hand back. "Sorry. Did you need this book, too?" I asked, slightly embarrassed.
"Don't be sorry. I want to touch your hand, too." He said, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers. I blushed, looking down at our hands. They fit perfectly together, like a missing puzzle piece.
"Draco, I-" I thought of what I should say, but I thought better of it. I reached for his collar and pulled him into a kiss.
Our soft lips touching eachother, it was like heaven. He seemed surprised, but we kept out fingers intertwined, and he pulled me forward, closer to his chest, with one hand on my lower-back.
This went on for a while, like he didn't want to stop. I didn't want to stop either, I could keep going forever, feeling his soft lips up against mine, our fingers intertwined, his warm chest, his hand on my lower-back. I could never stop. I could never let go.
But he pulled away. Why?
"Harry, what are you doing? We could get caught!" He asked in a harsh whisper once more.
"Since when does the Slytherin prince care about getting in trouble? For all I know, you start trouble." I said, smiling at him.
"You're different, Harry. I like you. Meet me tonight, by the edge of the forbidden forest. 9 o'clock sharp, don't be late. We could be caught." Then he smiled at me, untwined our fingers, and walked off.
He likes me. I liked him, and we kissed. He didn't want to pull away or let go. He wants to meet me by the forest tonight. Was this a date? I was so excited that I forgot about my book. I smiled at the stupid book, thinking that it was this that brought our lukewarm fingers together.