Chapter 11. Backstabber

Ron and Harry lazily made their way back to the Gryffindor common room, under the invisibility cloak, and up to their dormintory.
"I can't believe I kept a live human as my pet.. He was even in my family for years before me" Ron said, falling back on his bed.
"You didn't know. No one did." I assured him.
"He killed 13 people, Harry, he blamed it on Sirius Black, he was the one who got your parents killed. HARRY, can you believe this?"
With that, tears found its way into Harry's eyes, I should have been the one to kill him, I thought. "Try to get some sleep. We can forget this, and we can take a trip to Hogsmeade this weekend to get you a new pet." I told him.
"Can we not tell anyone? Let's just tell them he died of old age. He looked pretty bad anyway." Ron said, getting comfortable in his bed.
"Sure, Ron. Whatever you like." I said, taking off my glasses and falling asleep.
------------------------------
The next morning, I woke up to Ron shaking me.
"Hurry up, Harry! We're going to miss breakfast!" He exclaimed, almost wide-awake.
"I'm coming, I'm coming" I assured him as I sat up and pulled my glasses on. Ron ran out of the door without me and I could hear foot steps down the stairs.
I noticed that I slept in my clothes last night. Thinking of last night, memories fled back.. Peter Pedigrew, Draco.. Draco KISSED me. AGAIN. That was twice. Does that mean he likes me?
Ron bursts open the door, "come ON, Harry!" And he slammed the door once again.
I slipped my shoes on and ran out the door, out to breakfast in the Great Hall.
------------------------------
We walked into the Great Hall like we were celebrities, everyone was staring at us. We usually got a few stares, being the Chosen One and all, but almost every pair of eyes were on us this morning. I looked over at Draco, his face a smirk. What has he done? Had he told about last night?
A dark figure appeared in front of us. "Mr. Potter? Mr. Weasley? May we speak outside?" Snape. Who else?
"Of course, sir" I replied before Ron could blurt out anything about last night that could give us away.
We followed Snape outside of the Great Hall door and into the corridor.
"Mr. Uhh, let's keep his name secret, shall we? He has brought it to my attention that you two were wondering around the corridors last night. Is this true?" He asked, looking down on both of us.
Ron looked at me. No, Ron! That will make us look guilty!
"Sir, uh, yes. Sorry. Ron lost Scabbers and we had to go looking for him last night." I answered, looking up at his greasy, horrible face.
"And did you find him?" He asked, hoping for me to let something slip that could get us in trouble.
"Yes, we did. He died of old age, I assume, and Ron took him back to our room and did a spell on him so he wouldn't decay or smell, so he could bury him sometime later. Out of respect." I lied.
He looked over at Ron.
"Is this true, Mr. Weasley?"
Ron bursts out crying.
"Oh, Professor Snape, it is! I miss Scabbers! He was a wonderful rat! He was loyal! I can't believe he had to die in the middle of the school year!" With this, Ron bent down on his knees and grabbed at Snape's robes like Peter had done to us last night.
"Get off of me, get OFF of me." He yelled, kicking Ron off of him.
"Okay, okay. I believe you two, but don't let it happen again. Also, 10 points each will be taken off of Gryffindor house." Snape strolled back away.
Ron wiped his fake tears and smiled at me, we both silently laughed incase Snape could hear us down the corridor.
We walked back in, all eyes still on us, and I smiled at Draco, letting him know we weren't in trouble. He gasped at us and turned away, his face red with anger.
We took a seat at the Gryffindor table with Hermione.
"So, what did we miss?" I asked.