Chapter 17. Ready or not

I couldn't help myself but stare at Draco in Potions and Care of Magical Creatures. His fabulous, white-blonde hair was mesmerizing. It felt like I was in a trance.
"Mr. Potter?" Snape called.
"Y-yes, Sir?" I asked, and I felt my checks flushing red. I knew Draco wanted to stare back at me.
"Well, what is the answer?" He asked expectantly.
"I didn't hear the question, s-sorry, professor" I blushed.
"Don't let it happen again, potter, and stop staring at mr. Malfoy, he has better things to do." He said, and with that, turned back around.
Draco's face went red.
I knew he was thinking about me too, but I felt eyes on me. They weren't Draco's, because I'd be staring at him the whole class.
I couldn't help myself but look around the class.
No girls.
My eyes landed on Ron. What was up with him? He couldn't have a crush on me, could he? Maybe he was just jealous or annoyed.
"Ron. I need to pay attention in class." I whispered to him.
"Then stop staring at the back of Malfoy's head" he snapped.
What has gotten into him?
---///---
"Psst, Harry." I heard after walking out of Snape's classroom. Draco!
"Draco!" I called after him, and he grabbed me by my hand. It was surprisingly warm, unlike my chilly fingers.
He led me into a small closet near the lavatory. (bathroom/restrooms)
"Harry."
"Draco?"
"Meet me in the library after classes. I can't stand not being able to have my lips against yours. I hate being a secret, Harry." He said, and pulled me into an intense kiss.
"D-Draco," I said, pulling away from the kiss.
"What, Harry?"
Just then, the bell rang for the next class.
"Let's skip this class, Draco." I said, kissing him again, only stopping occasionally to smile.
"H-hey," I said, pulling away from the kiss.
"What's wrong, Harry?" He asked with concern. I'd pulled away twice now.
"I was just thinking. What do you do over the summer?" I asked.
"Oh." He said with relief. "Well, I spend the summer at the manor, sometimes I have Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy, or Blaise over. What about you?" He asked. So he had girls over during the summer? "Wait. Are your parents there during the summer?" I asked.
"Well, of course, Harry. Unless hey have business. Then I'm alone. Why?" He asked.
"Just- you have pansy over. She's a girl." I answered.
"Mmmm.. Yeah. And?" He asked again.
"Just seemed weird. It's fine. Just wondering." I answered and assured him with a smile.
"Well? What do you do during the summer?" He asked again.
"Oh.. Umm.. I spend my summer with my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin in their house. I actually got a small room upstairs, I used to live under the cupboard. I can't even use my owl though. They put bars on my window. Ummmm... I'm not allowed to call anyone. And I can't do my summer homework!" I answered.
"Gods, Harry. Why?" He asked.
"Well.. As you know, my parents are dead." I answered.
"Yeah.. I new that. But are they the only family you have? Couldn't you stay with someone else.. You know.. Nicer?" He asked.
I liked that he was worried about me. It made me feel special, despite the Dursleys.
"No. Well, besides Sirius. But I cant stay with him. He's not free of his charges yet." I answered.
"That's bloody horrible, Harry. I can't let you stay at my manor, but I do have an idea!" He exclaimed.
"What is it?" I asked.
"You can take a poly juice potion and pretend to be pansy or something. You know, how about Goyle? I could have you stay the whole summer!" He exclaimed.
"That's a really good idea, Dray! Thank you. But I think I'm staying with Ron this summer. I can owl you from there though!" I explained.
"Sounds good." He laughed.
And he did that special look : when he puts his head downward and looks up at me. That special look was my look. The look he only gave me.
He was mine.
---///---
The next bell rang, and we both pulled away.
"I don't want to leave, Draco." I told him.
"Wait, Harry," Draco said as I stood up to leave.
"Yes, Dray?" I said

Draco's POV
Dray. That nickname made me tingle. I love when Harry used it especially.
"I want people to know about us, Harry, I don't want to be a secret anymore." I told him, flat out.
"Are you sure you're ready?" He asked.
My parents would surely kill me if they knew, but I really loved Harry, and he was worth it.
"I'm ready." I told him, and he helped me up, then I opened the closet door, our fingers intertwined still.
People stared as we walked down the hall, but I smiled.
All the students moved out of the way, making a lane for us. I soaked up all the attention, but Harry didn't seem to be enjoying it.
My hand in his. Everybody watching. It felt right to me.
He stopped me abruptedly.
"Are you okay, Harry?" I asked.
"I'll talk to you about it later, Draco. We need to get to class." He told me, then departed from me and into his next class.
I was stranded in the middle of a hall with all eyes on me.
I felt tears built up. Why was I feeling this way.
"Yeah! That's right! We're gay! Got a problem with it? Shove off!" I yelled, and stormed into my next class. What was Harry's problem?