Chapter 5. The common room

Our classes passed very slowly that morning, because I became obsessed with watching Malfoy, if he could give me any hint of why he wanted to meet me, but he never even looked at me. Once.
"MR.POTTER?" Snape called, and I jumped.
"Yes, sir?"
"What is the answer to what I just asked you?"
"I'm sorry sir, what was the question again?"
"Well, maybe you would know if you would pay attention at the front of the class rather than stare dreamily at Mr. Malfoy."
With that, Malfoy bolted up, and looked back at me, his face scarlet.
"Sorry, sir" I said at last.
Hermione actually got her head out Neville's ass enough to look at me. (I do not mean that literally 😂) she gave me a quizzical look, and so did Ron. All I could give them was a shrug. I hope they understood.
------------------------------------
Later, after classes, we sat in the common room, working on our homework by the fire. I sat with one leg under me, studying my potions. Whenever I thought of potions, I thought of Malfoy. His face was flushed scarlet when he looked at me. Did that mean he was flattered, or embarrassed?
"Harry?" A hand waved in front of my face. It was Neville.
"Sorry, Neville. I'm a bit spaced out."
"It's okay. Hey, I heard you were jealous of me and Hermione? Is that true?"
I bolted up and looked straight at his face, he looked worried and concerned.
"Where did you hear that?"
"Ron. He came and talked to me, told me to back off... For you"
"Okay, I do not like Hermione. Sorry, Neville. I'm very happy for both of you. Hermoine looks very... In-love lately. You must flatter her silly. She can't even hear her name."
Neville made a small chuckle and looked at the fire, his face red at the thought of her.
"She's a beauty, you know?" He asked dreamily.
"Do you have yourself a girlfriend?" He asked me.
I thought. When was the last time I liked a girl?
"Umm.. No. Not at the moment."
"You sound unsure. Are you sure? I won't tell, I promise." He assured me, turning my away again.
My eye caught a light blonde girl across the common room and it reminded me of Malfoy. How embarassed his face looked when he was flattered.. My thoughts snapped back to reality. What was I thinking?
"Y-yeah. I'm sure. Listen, I'm going to go to bed. You tell Hermione that Ron and I miss her. She's been spaced out lately. See you, Neville, goodnight." I said, and with that, I picked up all of my books and walked up the staircase before Neville could even answer.
----------------------------------
I spent the rest of my time in my dormitory finishing my astronomy assignment. I kept flashing looks at a nightstand clock aside Dean's bed. It flashed 7:04 pm in red lights. The time couldn't go by fast enough, I thought.
I looked outside, at the brilliant moon over the Hogwarts grounds. The light color of the moon reminded me of Draco's perfect hair, a white-ish-blonde. My thoughts snapped again, and did I just call him Draco? What was going on with me? I would need to talk to Hermione about this soon, she would know. I got up, out of my dormintory, and headed down the stairs to the common room.
------------------------------------
When I reached the common room, I found, as usual, Neville and Hermione sitting on a small, red-coushined couch by the fire. Both of their faces flushed red. I moved slowly back up the stairs, but close enough to watch them. They both stared deeply into eachother's eyes. Is that what love felt like? Then they leaned in, closer, their noses touched, their heads tilted, and Ron bursts in through the portrait hole, I laughed silently.
"Hello, Neville, hello, Hermione." He said, obviously proud he had stopped the moment.
Then he continued on up the stairs and I put a finger to my mouth, motioning for him to Shh, and I waved hands towards the stairs further behind me, for him to continue on and not say a word. He gave me a weird look, shook his head, and headed up to our dormintory.
I watched them again, their hands touched, they laughed, Hermoine looked away, smiling, while Neville focused on her face. 'They must be in love,' I thought to myself.
Suddenly, Hermoine turned back towards him, their noses brushing eachother, her eyes fluttering closed, his more focused on her face, then they closed too, and their lips locked. It was a beautiful sight to see, and it was risky doing it in he common room! Wait, was I turning into Hermione? I got up, and walked down the stairs, pretending not to notice them, as they continued kissing. She brought a hand up to his cheak, their other hands still touching. And they didn't seem to notice me, either. I stopped at the bottom the stairs and coughed. Hermione jumped, Neville bolted upright and forward. Both of their faces turned bright red. "Don't tell anyone, won't you, Harry?" Hermione asked worriedly.
"Please. We could get in so much trouble." Neville said with concern.
I smiled at them. Why shouldn't they be able to be happy? I nodded towards them assuringly and left the common room through the portrait hole, slipping my invisibility cloak on.