Chapter 7. Love advice

I walked slowly back to my common room, thinking about exactly what had just happened. Neville had obviously left for bed, and Hermione was the only one left in the room, working on her Charms homework.
"Hermione....?" I asked, trying not to disturb her.
She turned around at me, startled by my appearance. "Yeah, Harry?" She asked.
"I was wondering if I could talk to you about something.... Something important." And I saw her smile fade, I wonder if she thought I was talking about her and Neville.
"About me." I added, assuring her I wouldn't bring them up again.
Her smile reappeared. "Yeah, anything. What's up?" She asked, turning in her chair to face me, setting her homework aside.
The words were having a hard time leaving my throat, I couldn't meet her eye.
"Are you okay?" She asked, her smile dissapearing, and she put a hand on my shoulder. The same shoulder that touched Draco's.
"Yeah.. I just.. Um.. Well.. I think I'm... Gay." The last word came out more boldly than the others.
Hermoine smiled at me, assuring me she accepted me. "What makes you think that?"
I thought back, myself. "Well, I can't remember the last time I liked a girl, I've suddenly been obsessed with this boy.. Everything about him I find perfect.. But I don't know if he likes me or not. I need your help."
Hermione smiled at me even wider. "It's okay, Harry, I accept you. Now who is this boy of yours?" She asked, letting out a small laugh.
"You're gonna hate me for this.. But.. Draco Malfoy."
Her smile faded and she put her arm back down on her legs. "W-what?"
"I can explain, Hermione, don't jump conclusions." Unlike Ron would have, she kept listening, her face full of concern.
"Why would you like him? He's been an ass to you for 3 years!" She exclaimed, hitting me on the shoulder.
I rubbed my shoulder. "He sent me a letter this morning, in a pretty red envelope, and asked me to meet him tonight. He went into further detail and apolagised for bullying all 3 of us for years. We even-uhh.." I stopped, waiting for Hermione's reaction.
"Harry, I'm perfect fine with it. You two would make a great couple, I think. I'm glad he apolagised, because he needed to. You don't have to tell me it you don't want to. I'll understand." And she put her hand back on my shoulder, giving me a reassuring smile.
"I accedintly kissed him, and I asked him if he was gay, it just stumbled out of my mouth, he told me I was a good kisser, out of all the boys he had kissed, and he told me I had a cute smile. Hermoine! He's kissed other boys! How do I find out if he likes me? What if he's not gay?" The words came out fast, and with every word, Hermione seemed to understand me more.
"He seems to like you, Harry. I wouldn't worry about it. I just wouldn't tell Ron right now. I think he's a bit angry at me. I have no idea why though," her face filled with concern again as she got up, collected her books, and headed for her dormintory. "Goodnight, Harry. Good luck with Mal-Draco." She said, correcting herself, and she smiled at me.
"Goodnight, Hermione." And I smiled at myself. What a girl. No wonder Neville loved her so much. Not that I like her, Shes just my best friend.
I headed up to the dormintory, where I found Ron on the stairs. Giving me an angry look. I stopped abruptedly, and so did my heart. What if I lost him as a friend? He was my best friend!
He only said one line : "I heard everything."