01 | ❝ RUMORS ❞ ✨ ೃ༄

The smell of alcohol filled the room, well it was a tavern after all especially in the middle of the night when the tavern was crowded by husband sneaking out for a drink or mercenaries working late in the night

The laughs and the drunker murmurs could be heard all to clear of a blonde haired woman. "Y/n" a voice called in annoyance, the woman turned to find her friend, Falhan, a marquess from the Eastern Empire and childhood friend of Kosair, the man who the marquess was currently supporting.

Y/n wasn't surprise, Kosair was a competitive man and when a fellow soldier had challenged him to a drinking game it wasn't surprising to find him drunk out of his mind.

"I'll take this idiot to the inn, we'll meet you there?"

"Mhmm" she nodded "I'm waiting for someone after all."

The noble nodded and left, dragging the knocked out man. Y/n had turned to her drink, the information and rumors that slipped out of the mouths of the drunken people entered her ears.

There didn't seem to be anything new or important. Nothing related to her work at all, it was pretty boring. Then again she was in a normal tavern and not one of the shady bars she often frequented or lurked around for information.

The chair infront her was pulled, now being occupied by a short black haired woman with sharp gray eyes.

"Well well, look what the spiders dragged in."

Y/n rolled her eyes, though was surprised to find a familiar face. "Must you use spiders against me? Vernal?"

"Aww come on Y/n~" her lips twitched in amusement "it's good that we bump into each other though."

Y/n could notice her flush cheeks and slurred words, plus the nearly empty drink in Vernal's hands.

"What information do you need?" The blonde carefully asked. Hopefully it was something not dangerous or outrageous. Oh who was she kidding, she loved the thrill and the danger but she didn't want to inevitably drag Kosair who wouldn't hesitate to jump in on her business.

"Just about a corrupt lowly Noble around these parts." The woman answered sliding closer to Y/n, her voice hushed and mouth near her lips that left Y/n flustered on the inside.

"Which noble?" She breathed in.

They carefully exchanged information with Vernal's lips tugging into a frown "Y/n I don't know if you heard about this but" Vernal had whispered an additional information she had managed to find while travelling.

Y/n's sweet honey like eyes widened until it narrowed in suspicion 'that bastard if what Vernal's saying is true I'll steal Navier from him myself!'

"I see," She sighed pinching the bridge of her nose "thank you for informing me, Vernal."

"Well look who we have here. Aren't you two ladies lonely drinking alone?" The two turned to see drunken men approach them.