08 | ❝ RUMORS ❞ ✨ ೃ༄

Chapter 15 - half of 17

"Will you be attending the special banquet?" Navier asked looking at Y/n who was sitting on the floor as she currently filled the coffee table with her own pile of paperwork

Y/n flinched "well. . Is it okay if I'm a little late?"

Seeing the frown on Navier's face made her gulp "never mind" she chuckled turning back to her paperwork.

'for someone who's always swamped with work, it's unbelievable that she even has spare time' Laura said as she pushed a tray near with snacks, considering the tea table was occupied.

"Will you be busy that day?"

"Hm not that busy to not be able to attend but slightly that I'd be late I guess?? I am planning on keeping someone in check." She vaguely explained.

'considering the fact that rumor has it Rashta has been saying she was invited to the special banquet,' she thought with a disappointed frown 'and I thought she already learned her lesson on lying. .'

"Y/n."

The woman flinched, her head turning stiffly like a rusted tool towards Navier once more.

"Don't do anything dangerous."

"Of course Navier, shouldn't you be saying that to Kosair." She pouted as the Empress pointed out that her brother wasn't here.

"Y/n?"

"Yes Navier?"

"What do you think about Rashta?"

"It's honestly complicated, if the rumors are true that she's a runaway slave I understand why she's clinging to the emperor like he is her shield and last hope." The woman stated setting her writing instrument down and turned to the Empress.

"But that doesn't mean her schemes against you and the problems she's creating excusable."

Navier nodded in silent going back to her paperwork leaving Y/n to wonder why she suddenly asked the question.

She simply hummed before adding "I won't provoke her or attack her first unless she provokes me, that's why I only retaliate after she has wronged people I care about, like what she did to you and Laura."

"I know" there was a soft smile on the Empress' face.

Laura also beamed at Y/n still thankful to the woman who had saved her from being locked up, sure it wasn't something life threatening but still she saved her.

"Will you be wearing a gown or your suit?" The young lady-in-waiting questioned.

"I'm not sure but all I know is I'll have to prepare an outfit. Should I wear a gown or. ."