13 | ❝ RETURN TO THE CAPITAL ❞ ✨ ೃ༄

I find myself getting tired of TRM, perhaps its because as I read the stories and the comments I find that life was unfair especially for Rashta, and the recent problems about the creator and the story. Or maybe it is because I am easily influenced by the criticism of others. Either way, I would prefer finishing this story than giving up. Please be patient with me as I try to write this story till the end.

⤹⋆⸙͎۪۫。˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

Through a series of unfortunate events, Y/n was delayed in her return to the capital. As she went back to the heart of the empire from the borders, numerous occurrences and accidents happened. Kosair had been clingly and delayed her leaving by a few hours, then she came across bandits attacking and stealing a few merchant carts headed to the capital, to which she guarded and at the pace of their travels her coming home would have been delayed by a few more days if not one whole week but..

Her crow had delivered some very concerning news.

She sighed, seated at a wooden arm chair as she stared at the other side of the bars.

"For someone of your status, you are unbelievably foolish." She commented in the dimly lit jail. She stared at the restrained young man. "Even if you had been provoked, even if you loved her so much you'd do anything to protect her pride, must you do so in the most obvious way possible?"

She crossed her arms and her legs, the man not meeting her eyes as he pouted, still sulking and covered in bruises and injuries but otherwise fine and surprisingly not afraid of the destiny he could be dealt with by the now enraged emperor. People could really do stupid things just for the sake of love.

For once Y/n would believe it was worth it but..  ever since the Empress and emperor had been at odds, love just seemed fickle now. The man weakly laughed, finally glancing at her "My apologies for not being as good as you when it comes to getting revenge." "What you just did? if that was revenge, then it's pathetic." She waved him off with a shake of her hand.

"And here I thought you've soften up, it seems like the nature of a person truly never changes. I can't help but be glad." He commented, tilting his head as he shrugged with a weak smile. "Me? soften up? Perhaps, but never with work, nor with my comrades." Y/n answered.

"Those things often overlap, you know that, look at me after all." Landre said.

The young woman remained silent as she sat there, she wore nothing but a tunic and a pair of pants with a cloak, the hood long fell down as her hair flowed out of it. She did after all snuck in after the Emperor and the soldiers left the man almost half dead.

"You.." The woman finally opened her mouth after a few moments of pondering "you could get out of the death sentence if you used your title and the organization's name.." she suddenly said. The man's eyes crinkled as his smile seemed a bit sadder "that would never work, besides, I still have a code of ethics."

"Coming from the man who just stabbed a young damsel?" She pointed out, instead of laughing, the man glared at the mere reminder of that concubine "That woman is far from a damsel!" he reasoned.

Y/n sighed, but she cracked up a grin and laughed "Well I guess I have to tell Kaigaku to celebrate, once you're gone, he's going to take your position!" The man sighed, "I guess that would spell the end of the world." he commented, staring up at the cobweb littered ceiling of the prison he was now confined in.

"Well if it's like that, I want you to do something for me." Landre said, now serious as his lips tugged into a farm.

"In one of my drawers in my study, I have documents about Rashta."