09 | ❝ REST ❞ ✨ ೃ༄

Other half of chapter 17 —

"You're mean." Y/n was taking a walk when she bumped into Heinrey who clearly wasn't pleased about something.

She blinked innocently at the prince, "oh what ever do you mean?" She smiled "and here I thought I was nice enough considering I didn't have you or your people kicked out after the stunt you pulled."

Heinrey flinched but didn't back down, "you know who I was! Why did you tell queen that I liked to eat insects!"

"I didn't tell Navier that you liked to eat insects." She corrected, "I told her that, Queen, the bird, would like it."

Heinrey decided to pout as he looked at the blonde and h/c haired girl merely smiled some more at him.

"What do birds like to eat?" Y/n repeated as she looked at Navier curiously. "You have a pet bird correct? I'm planning on giving Queen some food." The Empress explained looking at her paperwork, missing Y/n's cruel smile.

"Insects, trust me."

"Be happy I didn't tell her that some birds eat dead animals." She offhandedly added. Heinrey gasped, "I feel betrayed."

"Now you know how it feels." She whistled "oh Navier is about to pass through here or is she here to meet you? I heard Queen flew off in a frenzy."

"Shut up" he huffed nudging her away "now go away unless you wanna be a third wheel."

"Sure, I'd like to ruin any romantic moments you'll have with Navier."

"You wouldn't."

"You sound confident." Y/n noticed the sound in his voice, he was definitely confident that she wouldn't ruin anything. And it scared her in all honestly, was she getting too predictable?

"You wouldn't ruin any chance Queen has to have a better husband," he answered with a serious face "it's one of the reasons why you gave me a chance, correct?"

Y/n sighed, raising her hand as if to surrender. She was predictable yes, only when it comes to Navier. She would consider the Empress her weakness.

"Just don't give me a reason to point my sword at you or make sure Navier doesn't have to see your face again and we'll be fine." She warned.

To which, Heinrey responded with a serious nod.

Y/n soon left to meet with Kaufman, moments before meeting Heinrey she had previously and begrudgingly met with Sovieshu who called for her.

Luckily it was about actual work and nothing ridiculous, it seemed he had put the matters on Rashta's punishment or her personal bodyguard aside. Perhaps knowing Y/n would be displeased.

He had called her for another matter, this time regarding Kaufman and Luipt. The man merely asked her opinion on the diplomatic relations.

"Kaufman is the type to consider things carefully" y/n answered "besides I know the guy so I can vouch for him."