12.1 | Breaking the news

Dear Sir Y/N

There have been some strange happenings since you've been away. As you requested I am here to report it.

One night, after a meeting where the Empress has talked with the other esteem officials and ministers about budgets and other confidential matters, the Empress has bumped into Viscountess Verdi, the former lady-in-waiting. She left quickly as she came, of course not before leaving a warning about the mistress, it seems Viscount Lotteshu has something over Rashta's head, blackmail perhaps.

The other thing that has happened as just after the Viscountess left, we have bumped into the Mistress who chatted a bit with the Empress, rather forcibly, the peculiar thing was was that she was asking about Duchess Tuania.

I don't know what these events mean for the future, all that I know is that you need to know and come back quickly Sir.

With regards, Sir Artina.

The first part was nothing new for Y/N having heard from Ukogi (who was the one to deliver this urgent letter), however the second.. Our protagonist hummed, her fingers tapping the wooden table she was sitting on.

"Will you write a reply?" Ukogi asked to which Y/N shook her head 'no' she didn't have much to say, nothing important. She had just arrived at the borders where Kosair was in and she was already being bothered about another thing. Honestly, she wondered how she was always stuck on such unfortunate times, she had just left the capital and already there were schemes being made.

"Just focus on the tasks you have now Ukogi." She waved her hand as if to dismiss the bird who nodded and flew off. Y/N was in a bar waiting for that idiot and reckless and violent blond, who was also very attractive that made up for his bad qualities. Her ears twitched, already hearing him running towards the establishment. 'He's always in such a rush whenever he meets me, I wonder why' she shrugged that thought off as she just assumed it was because Kosair was excited to spend time with her because she was always busy and they were always separated,

she wasn't completely wrong.

The door of the tavern opened with a huge slam as Kosair entered, out of breath and clearly sweat. He wiped the sweat off his face with his arm, he seemed to have been training as he wore some fitting pants, and a loose white shirt, his weapon probably discarded in the training grounds.

Y/n blushed, complimenting Kosair in his mind hundred of times by now.

What?

Y/n was a lover of beauty and all things attractive, and kosair? Kosair definitely fall in that category.

"Y/N!" He loudly called as he quickly tackled her into a bear hug. Y/N could only reciprocate it for a few seconds before quickly turning blue as she began hitting the young man on his back, of course it didn't stop kosair but he fortunately loosened his hold.

She breathed in before chuckling in amusement "You missed me?" she teased, which prompted the blond to huff, not meeting her eyes as he denied it "No!"

"hmmmm"

"Okay maybe a bit."

'Definitely a lot' Y/N and Kosair thought. Y/N knew him well, and the sounds he created were filled with such longing, wow- 'Kosair really cares about me huh, he's such a good friend!'

Apart from always complimenting Kosair, Y/N was quite adept at friendzoning him unintentionally. Luckily Kosair can't hear their thoughts, so he wouldn't feel the pain and frustration after all.

"What did you want to tell me?" he said quickly, almost vibrating with excitement. He was like a little kid again, She felt nostalgia hit her as she stared at Kosair's expectant and excited gaze. She bit her gum, before saying "Sovieshu has a mistress."

The young man quickly pulled away from his embrace, a very dark look on his face once the shock had quickly settled.

"What?"

⤹⋆⸙͎۪۫。˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

Artina was a male character in the novel, now a female character in the webtoon. I might alternate the pronouns since I'm unsure how to proceed with this information. Should Artina be a female here? a male? or should I do a mix?