11 | ❝ AWAY FROM THE EMPIRE ❞ ✨ ೃ༄

chapter 21 (remaining part) -

⤹⋆⸙͎۪۫。˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

She stared at the emperor with a cold and disregarding look, her smile disappeared within a few seconds as if she hadn't at all done so.

sovieshu found himself annoyed seeing Y/n and the archduke having their arms around one another, it was almost intimate.

He didn't stop but continued. "Isn't it inappropriate for you to be associating with the likes of him?"

"Likes of him?" she scoffed "You may be the emperor of an empire, but you are not almighty to be disrespectful to the delegates of another kingdom."

"I don't know what you're problem is but get rid of whatever it is plaguing your mind before you drive your own empire into ruins." She warned.

Kaufman stared at the emperor with an unreadable gaze, but from the way his eyebrows furrowed he seemed to have understood something atleast.

His other hand reached to hold her arm, rubbing it softly as if to calm her down, This wasn't worth getting her riled up, He wasn't worth it.

This seemed to annoyed the emperor further. Y/n turned to the archduke, her facial expressions significantly softening as she sighed, understanding what he was trying to say.

Kaufman smiled, she wasn't a mind-reader like him, but she understood him so well. "Let's go?" he asked.

She nodded before turning to the emperor and with a bow, left with the white haired male.

⤹⋆⸙͎۪۫。˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

"When will you come back?" That night Y/n planned to go to the borders once more to finally talk with Kosair.

Kaufman was in her office as she was finishing the last of her documents. "A few days after Navier's Birthday perhaps." She answered 'though it really depends how long Kosair plans to keep me there.'

"It's a shame really but then again Navier will be spending her birthday in a villa with Sovieshu." She frowned "I pray that it rains so hard that the trip is cancelled." She finished as she clasped her hands together in prayer.

'or ever better, Sovieshu gets struck by lightning!'

"does that not border treason if you pray that?"

"I'm only praying for a little rain though?" she tilted her head, though if it were the comment about that man getting struck by lightning then maybe, but Kaufman shouldn't know that.

Kaufman flinched as y/n stared long and hard at him, "is there something on my face?"

"hmm" she hummed tapping the wood of her table 'if what I think is true then it must be confidential for him or his kingdom but still...' She leaned on her chair, her arms crossed as she continued to stare at Kaufman.

The man turned to his drink, acting as casual as he could. 'How do I go about testing whether it is real or not' she wondered, she couldn't take things too far.

She sighed "You can read minds." She stated.

Kaufman lowered the cup of [drink] he had been pretending to drink. "Yes."

"oh."

Even he looked surprised with himself, Y/n stood up "you were supposed to say 'no'! and I'd leave it at that-"

"I-" That was the plan, he'd deny it but "I couldn't lie to you."

Y/n stood up and silently made her way to Kaufman, leaning to him which caused the man to lean back on the couch as response.

She towered over him but he didn't seem to mind as her hands cup his cheeks-

and pinched them.

"How were you able to hide this if you can't even lie to me??" she asked, crying in frustration.

"Because I can't."

"You've been lying to almost everybody, how can you say that you can't?" She questioned, He looked at her eyes and found himself weak, the man managed to upon his mouth and said

"I can't lie to you."

She was flabbergasted, the way he looked at her as he confessed to such an important ability and secret of his. The way his hands reached up to hold her own.

She found her heart beating a tad bit faster.

Y/n was the first one to break eye contact as she hugged Kaufman in silence 'you fool.' she thought.

"That I am." he breathed in, 'a fool for you.' His arms wrapped around her body as they were both in vulnerable silence.

⤹⋆⸙͎۪۫。˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

Y/n left the capital, continuing with her plans to meet-up with Kosair. She hoped Navier received her gift and had liked it.

The journey to where Kosair was, was a bit long, longer than usual as she had taken a carriage.

Things were so hectic she didn't felt like riding a horse or running there.

She remembered last night's ordeal with Kaufman, after the hug they remained silent. Y/n was thinking and remembering all the strange occurrences where it seemed like Kaufman read her mind, where in actuality he did.

Y/n wondered why she wasn't bothered with it. She was the type to keep her plans and secrets safe with her, and now it's most likely that the man knew everything.

She should feel betrayed as her privacy was violated but, she couldn't. Perhaps it was the trust and fondness she had towards the Duke but she couldn't find it in her heart to hate him or be wary of him.

"Well it's not like he ever used my secrets against me or blackmailed me in any shape or form." She convinced herself.

"ah-" her face became red realizing how he must have heard her compliments and inappropriate comments about his handsomeness.

'oh my god that's so embarrassing-jwugwbj'

"Oh god how will I ever look him in the eyes ever again--?!"

"he probably knew how much I cursed and simped-- this is a nightmare!" She yelled.

Yes, although she should have probably felt betrayed or probably distrust, Y/n only felt embarrassment for the humiliating thoughts she had in her mind.

Rip to y/n.

⤹⋆⸙͎۪۫。˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

don't mind me -3-