3

||Back again. I forgot to mention that the cover art for this book, or whatever you want to call it, is NOT mine. I repeat, NOT mine. I just found it on google and it looked nice. :P 

~~tw~~

I also would like to point out that I don't have a specific update schedule, work is wonky and so is my brain and motivation. Anywho... the story must go on~||

_____________________

As you headed to the daycare, you take note that it is almost time for the kiddos to have their lunch break from playing. The daycare attendants don't need practice finding lost children considering the fact that they play hide and seek every couple of days. The only practice they really need is in first aid and changing their demeanors.

You sigh as you come up to the two large statues, and stare. Sun and Moon were probably your favorite animatronics because of how well they were with kids and others, however Moon could do with some behavioral changes. Other then that, those two seemed to be the only ones to pick up on your 'acting'.

For now, it was time to think about what today's scenario would be; first aid or situational awareness. You stood for a while in deep thought going between the two ideas. Moon and Sun both know some of the best first aid, but both still have problems with situational awareness. Sun notices things slower than Moon what with getting distracted with the kids pulling him everywhere, and Moon notices quickly when a child is being distant and is upset. But with that, Sun is better at being level headed and understanding, Moon is not as understanding as he could be. There are a couple of other things, but you'll spare yourself the detail.

And so you decided, today would be situational awareness. You looked to the slide, reading the sign above, "Slide into fun, huh?" you asked yourself. "I wish." With that, you sling yourself down the slide and into the ball pit, sinking slowly with your arms above the balls slightly moving them back and forth dramatically 'sinking'. You hear Sunny laughing and it brightens your day putting one of the most sincere smiles on your face. 

This was your favorite part about your job, was getting to hang out with the dynamic duo daycare attendants. They were the only people that made you want to stay and want to keep working and living.

You were brought back to reality when your vision became lighter and you were met with a happy animatronic. 

"(y/n)!!!! We missed you so so sooooooooo much!!" Sunny exaggerated.

"Me too Sunny." You said smiling. "Work first however, and its about time to get started."

Sunny just nodded with no questions and went back to the children to get them situated for lunchtime, then an idea struck, why not have the kids help with today? The difference between the scenarios between the daycare and the glamrocks is that Sunny and Moon aren't aware of when there is a kid in distress, so you have to try to catch them off guard and see how it plays out even if its a little morbid. That's the worst part for the attendants, they never know when a kid will start hurting.

Today might catch them off guard which in turn will help them be more attentive. You shivered, feeling the cold of the daycare finally reach your bones. Shaking it off you walked up to the screaming group of children, putting on a smile and readying yourself for what was to inevitably come. 

"Sunny? Could you do me a favor?" You asked.

"Sure Sunshine! What do you need?" Sunny responded.

You didn't quite think of a question, but as your mind went to work it found one pretty fast. "Could you get me some medicine for a headache, I've had one all day today." You thought that this could test his first aid as well and as he walked off you looked to the kids.

"Alright guys," you said while huddling them all together, "I have to test Sunny and I want your help today, can you guys do that?" You whispered.

All of their different voices started in agreement to the quest they accepted. "Alright, but you need to keep it a secret from him, or else it won't be a test. And you all will get a prize afterwards, all you have to do is keep him as busy as possible." The perfect plan, you thought to yourself.

"(y/n), all I found was some (medicine name), will that work?" Sunny returned asking.

"Yes, thank you!" You smiled.

With your plan now in action, it was time to start the scenario which you had secretly called, 'Busy Day'. The kids, now bribed and ready, kept Sunny super busy, giving you openings to disappear from time to time. It was perfect how it was playing out, and so, you took one last look at Sunny and ran off while he couldn't look. 

After running into one of the play structures, you found yourself in a nice secluded part that was a little dusty as the kids tended to avoid that spot. This would display a kid with a not so common problem, and help Sunny learn what to do in these situations. The kids also may have been too good at their quest because anytime Sunny would notice something the kids would respond with "they just went to the potty," or "they'll be back." It was a little too real and eventually a couple hours passed and it was time for naptime.

Small problem with that. 

You had the exact same problems as the ones that you were 'acting out', and lights off was a trigger. Anxiety had hit you instantly, and with it came the claustrophobia. 

"Alrighty kiddos, settle down, its time for naptime!" Sunny exclaimed.

Very faintly, you heard the children whine about naps and the fact that they couldn't do their quest any longer. By now, Sunny had to be concerned about where you were, surely. You got another cold chill as your anxiety reached another level, 'please come look for me' you thought over and over. The lights went out, and you instantly froze. You couldn't move, make a sound, or calm yourself anymore. Your vision started blurring becoming splotchy, your breathing sped up, and you felt warm tears traveling down your cheeks. 

(flashback)~continued~
1st person

Tears filled my eyes as the situation fully set in and I realized the danger I was really in. I didn't even know if it was as bad as i thought it was. My heart was pounding against my chest so hard it hurt and I tried to listen to any footsteps. One slow creak was followed with another and another, leaving me anxious and scared of what was going to happen to me now.

The door was slammed open, and my breathing stopped. Was I about to die right now?  Listening again, I could hear pained gasping coming from what seemed to be a man. I was roughly picked up by the collar of my shirt, letting out a pained yelp as tears continued to flood down my face.

"Heh, this will cover his debt no problem." A voice muttered. 

I never saw who it was, because right after I was blindfolded and forced from my home. My mother never came looking for me, less of a problem I guess. In fact, no one came looking for me. I was alone, just like I had always been and always known. Just now, I was living it out.

I lived in the dark for what seem like years. I hadn't seen a thing since I was taken, just heard and smelled everything. I heard the creaking of floorboards and smelled the dampness of the room I was in. Trapped like a wild animal. 

(back to the present)

You hiccuped, not realizing how much you were crying by now. Everything was enveloped in darkness, and once again you could not see. Still partially in your thoughts, you heard the sound of your captor's raspy voice calling out for you. 

"(y/n)~" it called out. 

You freaked out and started running, well, as close to running as you could. Jingles followed you, quite quickly at that. You were still crying while running taking small gasps of air as your lungs burned. No, no, please, no. You thought to yourself. I've been good today, I was quiet, I followed the rules, followed the orders. Your thoughts were overbearing your head, your breathing quickened and then you fell. You tripped. I'm done, this is it.

You moved to a corner, your legs no longer being able to help your escape and your lungs denying you air. You heard the jingling coming closer. By now you were hyperventilating, you couldn't breathe, you couldn't move. This was pure fear. 

_______________________

||:D Author here, I like where I left off... feeling evil today.
Hope you like cliffhangers!
||

(1482 words)