20

|| Guess who's back, back again. I finally got my life in constant working order, however, i did slightly fall out of the fandom but I really want to finish this story. Its got so many reads and comments since I last updated and I did read them, thank you so much for the support <3.||

As you slowly ate your pancakes with renewed appetite, Moon watched from over the counter, a faint blue dusting over his features. The urge to vomit was there but not impossible to overcome and you gratefully ate some delicious pancakes.

"So, my moonlit lover," you started, "we need. . . to have a chat."

He looked away from you, not denying and not affirming any and all actions.

"Listen, I know you were worried about me but I'm better. I may not have a place over there anymore, but I still have you and Sunny, I couldn't ask for more. On to the more important things, you have to go back sometime soon even if I don't want you to and you don't want to."

"I know." He sighed. "I'll . . . I'll go back tonight."

"Thank you." You said pecking him on the cheek.

He looked sad and almost dejected, but it's what needed to be done. He couldn't be away from the plex for long and Sunny didn't seem to be in a spot to be away from Moon either.

"Did you tell Sunny where you went?" you asked.

"I did, we talked about it and decided that one, if not both of us, should go." He replied.

It helped to know that they had both decided that your health was most important to them. It eased the pain in your heart and in your head.

"But Y/N," he said seriously, "I've heard talk of them thinking of shutting down the daycare. And I think you know what that means, that Sunny and I..." He trailed off.

"If the daycare gets shut down, please Moon, please bring Sunny and find me again." You replied just as serious.

He nodded, his face brightening up.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-Le Time Skip-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The day slowly but surely died down to nighttime and thus it was time to send him off. He was ever so reluctant to even let go of you to use the toilet but you made a mental video of him being so attached. All day he was glued to you even when you were writing a note for Sunny and plans for if the daycare was really going to be shut down. It wouldn't be a surprise if they did however, mostly because Sunny wasn't as sunny and they couldn't keep a human worker there to save their lives. You even wrote a note for the kids just to reassure them that nothing terrible had happened to you.

"I don't wanna go Starlight." Moon whined.

"No kisses if you don't go," you giggled half-hearted, "but I will miss you and you do have to go. Don't forget the plan for if they close the daycare, okay?"

"I know, but you have to promise to take care of yourself." He said.

"I will Moonpie," You said before giving him a tender goodbye kiss.

With that you watched him take off down the road towards the plex and once he was out of view, a single tear slid down your cheeks. One thing was for sure, you would miss him if they decided to keep the daycare open. There was something that gave you renewed determination however and it was that they were waiting for you no matter what. They were cheering for you no matter what. 

With that you finally decided to go to sleep and prepare for the amount of jobhunting you were about to engulf yourself with.

~~~~~Dream~~~~~

You gained consciousness inside a dream once again, a vague but familiar feeling of being watched from the dream-like daycare in front of you. It color restored once more and the sound the peaceful that children's music could be. The front doors open and waiting your arrival. 

One step became two and two became three, until you found yourself jogging through the doors smiling.

"Fr-riend, welc-come back!

You stopped briefly and looked for the figure you had seen multiple times before and spotting him on the top of one of the play structures.

"It-it looks so mu-uch bet-ter now! How-ow do you fe-feel now?" He asked.

"Much better!" You smiled.

The figure which had been blurry and black before was now much clearer and now moving towards you. . . at a very fast speed. Your eyes widened but before you felt anything it was just wind and then a light tap on the tip of your nose.

"Boop."

You let out a small laugh and he giggled.

"So, who are you? Or do you still not know?" You asked.

"Hmm-m, we-well, I don't-'t think I kn-now." He said puzzled.

The music slowed down until it died out and the lights slowly dimmed as the figure looked towards the doors. He was much more defined now, taking on a more orange color although yellow and white patches were present. His glitchy voice box was rather calming and you were caught up with thinking. You looked up and found he was looking at you.

"I think I have a name for you for now, is that ok?" You asked.

"YE-ES, OH I-I WOU-OULD LOVE TH-HAT!" He jumped.

"How does Vesper sound?" You smiled.

He stood for a moment thinking it over.

"Oh it sounds most joyous." He said clearly.

"So Vesper, how come you only show up in my dreams?" You asked.

"Hmmm, well, I don't think I have a physical body," he started slightly startled, "at least as far as I know I only exist where no one else does except for when the doors open." He points at the large doors.

This would be something to ask Sunny and Moon about, maybe even Equinox. You blushed at the mention of his name even in your thoughts. Your thoughts get interrupted when Vesper pecks your cheek and you look at him.

"I just wanted to see what it was like, I was a little jealous, but I don't know why." He giggled.

Just as you were slowly piecing things together, Vesper started to pull you towards the doors that were slowly starting to close. You didn't expect to see him in this new light but it wasn't unwelcome. When you both reached the doors it was well known you would have to say goodbye for the time being even though you weren't looking forward to the morning.

"You have to go now before you get stuck new friend." He stated.

"I know, I'll see you again right Vesper?" You asked.

"Most definitely, would you like something to remember me by?" He grinned.

You shook your head in acceptance of a gift and he grabbed your hand and pulled you close, his body more of a human temperature if not a hint warmer. He wrapped your arms around his torso and pulled your head to tilt up to his. A warm kiss and a soft embrace was surely enough to remember him by. You broke apart and he sent you on your way out the doors.

~~~~~Dream end~~~~~

||I am a bit rusty, but hopefully you all enjoy it. Thank you so much for 4.8k reads and all the comments and I might be busy during the holidays but I will try to write more for ya'll.||

(1215 words)