6

||Back again. :D||

______________________________________

The sound of children woke you from your peaceful sleep. It kind of surprised you how well you slept, but the sound of children didn't exactly bring you any pleasure because it meant that you needed to go to work soon. Looking over to the makeshift nightstand you noticed a cup of water and a note that said, 'Good Morning SUNSHINE!' with a sun scribbled on it with yellow crayon. You chuckled a bit at the note and grabbed the glass to help your parched throat. 

You got off the comfortable bed, and tried looking for a way down after changing into work clothes. Blushing you realized that you never changed your clothes last night, and continued looking for an exit. You really didn't want to go over to the balcony after last night's incident, but it seemed like it was the only way down. So you trudged over to the curtains, and brushed them out of the way as you walked through and into the blinding light of the daycare. You never noticed how bright the lights really were because you normally weren't up so close to them.

After your eyes got adjusted to the lighting, you scanned through the kids and found Sunny chasing one of the kids around in circles, never running faster than them. He glanced up at the right time as if he was checking to see if you were awake from time to time. He started waving excitedly and you smiled fondly at the action and returned the wave. The kids followed Sunny's gaze and saw you standing up there and got his attention and asked him something. 

"GATHER ROUND CHILDREN!" Sun called excitedly.

He huddled all the kids in together and you were watching as all kinds of hand gestures were thrown around by Sunny, even pointing at you at some parts. They soon broke formation and face towards you and you could tell they were up to something. Sun had a light blush dusting his cheeks and was smiling so wide and began dramatically walking towards the ball pit.

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel,"  You heard him say, "Let down your hair!"

All the kids giggled when you realized what they were planning. A show. 

"Alas, kind Knight.." You started, voice still rough, "my hair has been chopped clean off."

"Oh Rapunzel, how may I save you now?" Sunny played along.

You decided to just shrug your shoulders at the question and the kids started laughing uncontrollably. You sighed happily, gazing down at Sun's tall figure, wondering just where this bit was going. Once the laughter died down, the two of you resumed once more, entertaining the children with the act and tiring them out. 

"Alright kiddos, time for naps." Sunny stated. That was his plan.

Get the children tuckered out with a comedy show, get them down for naptime, and come rescue the princess who once was locked in a tower so tall she could not get down. You giggled as you watched Sunny walk over to the lights and wave at you and then flick them off. The children were all situated and Moon did a once over before coming to get you.

"So Princess, your knight is here." He said smugly.

"Indeed he is, I am forever grateful." You replied.

"C'mon, lets get you down from here. Close your eyes." 

You closed your eyes and felt a pair of strong arms wrap around your torso. When he picked you up you felt light and didn't have the falling feeling like the night before. You felt a blush creeping it's way to your face as you landed and he gently placed you down. 

"Thank you." You whispered.

Your eyes met his and you couldn't help but stare. They were beautiful, not because of the color but because of the emotion behind them. So full of compassion and love. Your blush deepened, and the silence was pleasant. Then you pulled him into a sudden hug, shocking Moon out of his daze and then melting into it.

"Are you alright Starlight, from..." He started not wanting to finish his sentence.

"Yes, aside from a sore throat." You responded.

The hug was comfortable, so much so that you managed to close the space between you some more and was on the verge of falling asleep again. You couldn't see it, but Moon also had a deepening blush on his face. It was nice and you wished it could've lasted forever, but all good things must come to an end.

"What time is it?" you asked groggily.

"2:25 PM" Moon responded.

You still had a couple hours till you had to work today, so you decided to let yourself fall into a dreamless sleep once more. Moon simply picked you up and carried you over to the naptime area, secluded from the kids, and layed down with you and grabbed a blanket . He would let you rest more considering the other nights events, only leaving your side to take care of the kids when they woke and checking them out when the daycare closed.

__________________________________

||Good ole' fluff, amirite?

Today was kinda rough so just fluff today and a late update please forgive me T-T.

This was a nice break though and tomorrow is another day. Thanks for reading!||

(865 words)