Chapter 8

*Before you begin reading the chapter let me request you all to read the NOTE at the end.

-------◇◇◇◇◇-------

It was 8 pm when Sidharth returned with a box of cake in his hand. Ravindra was about to say something to him when Sidharth apologised to everyone for being absent from his own birthday party.

Aasha called him inside and took the box and put it on the table. Everyone gathered around the table for cake cutting. However, every single person gasped on seeing the name on the cake. It was written "Happy Birthday SidNaaz". The Gills were shocked and to some extent embarrassed in front of the people of their colony. Sudha just smiled as she knew the rebel personality of her son. Sidharth with full right grabbed Shehnaaz's hand and cut the cake.

The Gills did not expect Sidharth to be such a daring personality. Balwant and Kulwant were unhappy with the stunt that Sidharth pulled up. Paramjeet was annoyed by the love that she was receiving whereas her grandson was being almost ignored. Reet was happy and emotional at the same time. Though she wished and blessed her daughter but she knew that she was visibly sad. She felt glad on knowing that their is someone who can make her smile when no one can. Shehnaaz was happy very much. And why wouldn't she be? She for the first time in her life was this much happy and that too on her birthday. He did every possible thing to make her smile. He was a blessing in her life whereas she was his peace.

After the cake cutting everyone was chit chatting with each other. Aasha, Sudha and Reet were busy in kitchen doing the last minute arrangements for dinner. Sidharth took Shehnaaz to his room and asked, "Kaisa laga mera gift?" Shehnaaz smiled but she remembered that he did not praise her. She put up an angry pout on her face to show that she was angry with him. But she seemed cute to him. He laughed and understood what she wanted.

"Tu na bohat pyaari lag rahi hai. Yeh pale pink dress vo bhi ethnic, waah kya lag rahi hai tere par. Upar se yeh pyaari si bindi aur yeh jhumke, haaye maar hi daalengen sabko."

She blushed. "Thank you taareef ke liye bhi aur gift ke liye bhi. Aap na best ho." she hugged him as she said this.

"Ab best ke liye toh mujhe bhi best ban na hi padega na.", he teased her making her face flushed. But her expressions changed on thinking about the after effects of Sidharth's stunt that she will have to face. She was certain that her family will celebrate a different type of birthday as they reach home. Just thinking about it made her eyes fill with tears and fear was visible on her face. He wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes and gestured her not to cry.

"Mein sambhal lunga. Tu chinta mat kar. Please ro mat Shehnaaz mujhe achha nahi lagega. Mere liye please." he said as he kept wiping the tears which were flowing out from her beautiful orbs. 
He asked, "Trust hai mere par?" She nodded affirmatively. "Bass phir enjoy kar. Aur bata apna combined name kaisa laga?" She again blushed.

"Oyye kya khaya hai tu ne aaj? Kab se sharma rahi hai. Lagta hai ladki badi ho rahi hai." he teased. She smacked his arm and ran away with her flushed face. Sidharth followed her mentally patting himself for making her smile.

His next target was Paramjeet. How can he even miss a chance to have a verbal banter with her?

The dinner went on good and Sidharth literally dropped every Gill member to their rooms so as to avoid any taunting by them to Shehnaaz.

Shehnaaz changed into a comfortable night wear and moved to the balcony. It was a full moon night and a cool wind was blowing. Sidharth saw Shehnaaz in the balcony of her room gazing at the full moon with a contented smile. He wanted to call her but kept quite seeing the peace and glow on her face.

Shehnaaz was reminiscing her best birthday ever gazing at the moon. The way it started with a mini celebration and then it turned out to be a birthday party with guests invited. It was all because of one person and his sincere efforts. She was happy for the first time on her birthday for she felt wanted, loved, respected and adored. She blushed when she recalled how authoritatively he held her hands in front of everyone and cut the cake with her.

She kept staring the moon and he kept gawking her.

His mind said, "Maybe she is the one."
His heart replied, "No."
The mind was flabbergasted and asked, "Why?"
The heart cheerfully said, "Because maybe is the wrong word. Definitely she is the one."
This sweet conversation between the heart and mind made him blush profusely.

At the same time, Shehnaaz saw him and waved at him flashing her teeth. He too waved at her but his heart was thumping. He gestured her to go inside as it was quite late. She didn't deny and started to go inside but not before looking him for one more time. Recently, she had started to open up but just with him. He gave her that right.

Sidharth stood there as he thought of the conversation between his heart and mind. He wondered, "Isn't it too early? Is this correct?"

-------◇◇◇◇◇-------

NOTE : -  The next chapter is up for you all to give reviews (if you feel like). Thanks for the comments and votes on previous chapters. Hope you keep liking my work. And please do take a little pain to read the note of each chapter. It would hardly take a minute. At times, I ask something but don't get reply on that. However, I can't force anyone. It's completely your choice.
      Also, I hope the dialogues written in hindi are not a problem to anyone. For I feel more connected with Hindi dialogues than English.

Question : Do you think it is early (as per their age) for Sidharth to feel something for Shehnaaz? Also, what was the best part of this chapter for you?
Do tell me about your opinions on this. And be carefree I won't make it vulgar in anyway.

{Published on : Friday, 4 February 2022}
_________________________________________

Keep Sidharth and his family in your prayers.

Your writer,
Sudhanya