Chapter 28

Two weeks later,

Ravindra was waiting for Sidharth and Shehnaaz at the railway station. He saw Sidharth and Shehnaaz coming towards him.

Sidharth touched his feet to take his blessing but he looked quite awkward. Shehnaaz also touched his feet and then hugged him.

"Humne aap sab ko bahut miss kia." Shehnaaz said with a cute pout.

"Hum sab ne bhi bahut miss kia bache." Ravindra replied while caressing her hair.

Sidharth stood watching Shehnaaz with a smile. Though it pained him that he wasn't included in this gang but he was happy for her. As soon as Ravindra looked towards him, he started looking elsewhere.

Ravindra then took them home in his car. Sudha, Reet, Arpita and Gurvinder were waiting for them. As soon as Reet saw Shehnaaz, she put kaala tika to ward off evil eyes from her as she looked beautiful and hugged her. The readon of her enhanced beauty was the happy state in which she was living recently.

Sidharth touched his mother's feet and then hugged her saying, "Iss baar aapko lekar jaaunga." Sudha laughed at his comment.

Sudha then hugged Shehnaaz who was waiting for her chance as Sidharth was not leaving his mother. "Kitni pyaari lag rahi hai Shehnaaz" Sudha said.

Shehnaaz was dressed in an aqua blue cotton floral suit with matching bangles and peacock crown oxidized jhumka earrings.

[Credits : Google]

Shehnaaz whispered in her ear, "Aapke bete ki hi pasand hai." Sidharth heard this and was shocked to see her getting free with his mother. Sudha looked at her in admiration as she is changing slowly and gradually keeping her innocence intact.

They all dispersed to their respective homes. Before leaving Sidharth and Shehnaaz looked at each other with a smile.

While entering the Gill house, Gurvinder held Shehnaaz's hand. She looked at him as she was confused by his action. She heard her mother who has left to finish her kitchen work asking her to freshen up and then come down for evening tea.

She replied, "Haan Amma. Bass jaa rahi hun." She then removed her hand from her brother's, took her luggage and climbed 2-3 stairs when she heard her father entering the house and calling Gurvinder.

Shehnaaz looked at him for a few seconds and then keeping her bag on the stairs descended down, took his blessings formally and again left to her room.

Gurvinder talked to his father for a few minutes and then excused himself. He went to Shehnaaz's room.

"Shehnaaz, uth paani pi le" Gurvinder said as he saw her laying on the bed tired of travelling.

Shehnaaz kept looking at him and replied, "Mein niche hi aa rahi hun. Wahin pi lungi. Aap pareshaan mat ho. Abhi kisi ne dhek lia toh aaj hi maarna shuru kar denge."