Chapter 19

"Amma, meri kya galti hai. Maine kya galat kara hai. Mujhe nahi rehna yahan. Mujhe mama ji ke paas chhod aayo na. Vo kitna pyaar karte hai mujhse." Shehnaaz was crying hugging her mother who was seated on a stool beside her bed.

Reet was crying and at the same time trying to console her daughter. "Na meri laado. Aise nahi rote. Tu ne kuch nahi kiya. Meri galti hai, maine unse paise maang liye the tujhe dress dilaane ke liye. Vo gussa unhone tere upar nikaal diya." Reet told her daughter wiping the stream of tears from her face.

"Nahi chahiye mujhe koi dress. Mujhe yahan se jaana hai. Nahi reh sakti ab." Shehnaaz said while crying.

"Shehnaaz, please ro mat. Kuch dino mai hum log jaa rahe hai Delhi. Chinta mat kar." Sidharth interrupted the mother-daughter conversation. He didn't want her to take any sort of stress.

"Sidharth." She said opening her hands like a kid who wants to be hugged.

Sidharth sat on the bed and hugged her. She was crying continuously despite him asking her to stop. Seeing her daughter in this condition Reet was crying leaning on Sidharth's hand. She was blaming herself for her laado's condition. Sidharth was trying to console Reet and Shehnaaz but he himself needed someone to be his strength. He was still in shock at what happened with Shehnaaz. He never imagined that Kulwant will treat his own daughter in such a cruel way. He knew he disliked her but to such an extent.

Sudha came with Arpita to the hospital when Arpita told her about Sidharth and Reet carrying a wounded Shehnaaz to hospital. They didn't knew the details as they thought that maybe it was an accident.

Rushing inside her ward Sudha spoke to her lovingly, "Shehnaaz, meri bachchi. Dhyaan kaha rehta hai tera. Kahan se gira mera bachcha." Sidharth broke the hug and gave space to Sudha. Shehnaaz soon hugged her and kept crying.

Arpita looked at her brother whose eyes were moist. She went near him and hugged him. Sidharth held her tightly and looked at her. His eyes spoke a silent Thank-You to Arpita as she supported him when he wanted someone beside him.

After sometime, Shehnaaz slept due to effect of medicines and they all walked out of the room.

Sudha again asked, "Shehnaaz ko itni kaise lagi?" Reet kept quite but Sidharth told her everything what Reet had shared with him. Sudha and Arpita were shocked with the revealation.

Arpita glared at Gurvinder who stood behind her. She cursed him which was audible to Gurvinder but he kept mum.

After some time Arpita and Sudha were leaving when Sidharth suddenly spoke, "Ghar jaa Gurvinder."

"Nahi mein yahin hun. Gurvinder said.

Sidharth glared at him. Just then Arpita pulled Gurvinder along with her and said to Sudha, "Kaki chalo. Gurvinder chhod dega hume."

Gurvinder tried to deny when Arpita shot him a glare and pinched him hard. "Aaaa" he screamed rubbing his palm where he was pinched. He silently went with them.

Arpita came to the Gill house at 6:00 p.m. as Sidharth asked her to get a set of loose and comfortable clothes for Shehnaaz. They were planning to stay there for a night not because it was needed but Shehnaaz was hell scared. When she entered the house, all the Gills were sitting in the dining room and were discussing about today's incident. Paramjeet was cursing Reet as she was worried about the dinner. Balwant sat quietly. Kulwant was in deep thought.

Gurvinder on seeing Arpita stood up asked, "Arpita, tu yahan? Kya hua, sab theek hai na?"

Arpita ignored him just like we ignore the instructions written on the instant noodles packet and moved towards Shehnaaz's room. Gurvinder followed her.