Chapter 20

The next day Shehnaaz was discharged. Sidharth after settling the bills and booking a cab went to Shehnaaz's ward.
"Chaliye aunty, cab aane wali hai." Sidharth said picking Shehnaaz in his arms.

"Puttar vo bill aur discharge." Reet enquired.

"Vo maine kar dia hai. Abhi chaliye cab aa gayi hogi." He replied to her. He was upset since yesterday. The cheerfulness in his voice was missing.

"Jeeta reh puttar." Reet said picking up the medicines and medical file.

Shehnaaz was just looking at him with love and respect.

While they were moving out Shehnaaz said, "Thank You nahi bolungi aapko. Bass humesha mera saath dena yeh request hai. Haq jatana, galti karu toh samjhana aur phir bhi na maanu toh daantna. Par humesha mere saath khade rehna."

"Humesha." He affirmed and gave an assuring kiss on her forehead, keeping in mind that Reet was looking in other direction.

When they reached home, Sudha and Aasha were waiting for them. They quickly came forward and supported Sidharth who picked Shehnaaz in his arms. They then took Shehnaaz to her room. She was still frightened but had decided not to show the fear to those people who wants to see her afraid. This incident made her more determined to move out of this hell. "Soon" she thought.

Paramjeet and Balwant were in their room resting as it was almost 12 o'clock. Kulwant was at his shop. Gurvinder had taken off from his university so when he heard the commotion in his house he came running and saw Sidharth along with Sudha, Aasha ans Reet moving towards Shehnaaz's room. He followed them.

Sidharth laid her on bed and asked Reet for an extra pillow to be kept under her leg. He saw Gurvinder standing behind Aasha. He became angry on seeing him but Shehnaaz kept her hand on his fist trying to calm him. And it worked. He looked at her and not wanting to stress her he subsided his anger.

Aasha asked, "Itna late kaise ho gaya Sidharth? 12 baj gaye hai. Doctor ne toh kal hi chhuti dene ko kaha tha par phir bhi tum log wahan ruke. Aur aaj itna late, koi dikkat toh nahi."

"Nahi badi maa. Kal rukne ka faisla humara tha par vo doctor kamina hi laga mujhe. Kal kuch bol dia tha maine usse isliye aaj mujhe late kar raha tha." Sidharth said reminded of the doctor.

"Aunty aap freshen up ho jaayiye. Kal se aap bhi mere saath hi the. Mein bhi aata hun." Sidharth said.

"Sidharth, sun mein bhi chalti hun tere saath. Tu naha le tab tak mein lunch ready kar deti hun. Reet kab karegi ab aur vaise bhi thak gayi hogi vo bhi. Bhabhi aap yahi ruko bachchi ke paas mein fatafat aati hun." Sudha said to which Sidharth and Aasha nodded.

Reet spoke, "Nahi nahi bhabhi. Rehne dijiye. Mein abhi kuch fatafat bana dungi."

"Chup kar, Reet. Insaan hai tu koi machine nahi. Tu bhi thakti hai. Aur itna paraya na kar mujhe." Sudha said to Reet. She then took Sidharth with her who looked at Shehnaaz before exiting the room.

"Jaa Reet. Naha ke aa, mein hun Shehnaaz ke paas hi." Aasha said and Reet went away.

Gurvinder was left in the room along with Shehnaaz and Aasha. Aasha went out of the room to fetch a glass of water for Shehnaaz as she was thirsty. He kept looking at Shehnaaz who didn't bother to acknowledge his presence. She closed her eyes because of pain and tiredness. Clearing his throat, he asked the most stupid question "Paani laaun?" She didn't bother to reply so he asked again, "Shehnaaz kahi dard ho raha hai tere?" Again a stupid question it was but he wanted to talk to her, listen to her voice. Shehnaaz opened her eyes at his second question, looked at him for some time and then again closed her eyes. Feeling ashamed he left when Aasha returned with a glass of water.