Chapter 24

The next day they both woke up early, did their morning routine and got ready for the first day of college. Shehnaaz had already prepared the aalu filling as she thought of making Aloo paranthas.

When she was going to take bath, Sidharth said "Sun abhi toh iss aloo ke masale ko mein bread mai daal kar sandwich bana lete hai. Tiffin box mai parantha rakh lena sandwich pasij jaayega."

"Theek hai. Mein naha ke aati hun pehle." Shehnaaz said and went to take bath. She came out wearing a yellow kurta with white printed designs and yellow pants with white strips and a matching dupatta. She applied the moisturizer. Makeup was not her thing so she simply put a black bindi and applied kohl. She wore the only pair of footwear she had, the juttis.

When she came out of her room, she saw that Sidharth had already made sandwiches for breakfast. "Mein aa rahi thi na." She said.

"Chal aaja ab pehle naashta kar lete hai. Phir tiffin mai bhi thoda sa pack kar lenge." Sidharth said. "Tujhe kya hai agar maine breakfast mai help kar di toh. Faltu mat soch." He assured her, seeing her worried.

After they both did their breakfast, she quickly made two aalu paranthas and he packed them in a tiffin.

While they were moving out, he said "You are looking beautiful." She blushed on the compliment. She then looked at him who was looking handsome in his white t-shirt and denim pants with white sneakers.

He held her hand with the backpack on his shoulder and started walking to the nearby metro station. Due to the peak hours, they couldn't find seats so they stood up. He saw her clutching his hand tightly.

"Kya hua?" He asked softly, bending a little to reach her height.
"Itne log..." Shehnaaz trailed off.
"Koi na darr mat. Sabke kaam ka time hai na isliye itna rush hai." Sidharth comforted her.

When they reached the college, Sidharth saw that she was still holding his arms. "Ab toh darr hata. College mai hai hum."

"Nahi, aapke saath iss phase ko shuru karna hai. Haath na chhudao (छुड़ाओ)." Shehnaaz said looking at him with love in her eyes.

"As you wish madam." Sidharth said in an amusing manner, making Shehnaaz laugh at him.

As they were going towards the notice board, Sidharth heard a male voice "Dekho dekho. Naye tota-maina (तोता-मैना) aaye hai apne college mai."
A female voice could be heard, "Haan re. Chalo inke mazze lete hai."
They moved towards Sidharth and Shehnaaz but Shehnaaz hid behind him due to fear.

"Aur tota-maina (तोता-मैना) tumahara introduction do. Aur yeh kya hai teri wali toh tere piche hi chhupi hui hai." A senior started to rag them.

"Sun abey. Na mujhe koi introduction dena hai, na hi tujhse mujhe matlab hai. Aaj koshish ki hai dobara mat karna, varna yahi tota-maina (तोता-मैना) ko sher-sherni ban ne mai time nahi lagega." Sidharth said looking into their eyes that forced them to step back. Sidharth left with Shehnaaz for the first lecture.

During break, Sidharth went to canteen with Shehnaaz. They sat to have their brunch when they heard a group of seniors ragging a boy. Sidharth remembered that they were same people who tried to rag them. He stood up and went towards them.

"Tum logo ko samajh nahi aata hai kya?" Sidharth spoke sternly keeping his hand on the shoulder of a senior.

"Kyu abey. Tujhe kya dikkat hai. Tujhe thodi na bol rahe hai." The senior tried to show off as he was watched by others in the canteen. In this, he forgot that he was forced to step back in the morning.

"Mujhe nahi rag kar raha hai toh kisi aur ko karega. Tujhe license mila hai kya ragging ka. Yahan kayi kog aise bhi hai jo teri tarah bigde huye nahi hai. Vo kuch bol nahi raha toh tu kuch bhi karega. Chal hatt, phir kabhi ragging karte dikha na toh dono haath tod ke tere ghar parcel karwaaunga." Saying this Sidharth took the boy who was been ragged with him.