Chapter 001

"Here we go again." The girl groaned standing outside the maths classroom just praying that the day would go faster and end already.

It was the beginning of her first year as a Senior yet she already started to dread coming to school. The early mornings, boring classes, and teachers made her feel like ripping her hair out.

She was so excited to see her friends until she realized most of her friends didn't seem as happy to her like she did. That immediately had her heart surrounded by a black cloud of heartache. Her enthusiasm that shined when she saw them was replaced by an introverted behavior.

Sighing to herself she opened up her notebook to doodle in while she waited outside to be let into class. Suddenly she felt someone tap her shoulder. Spinning on her heel, she turned and was met with the sight of a familiar face.

'What the?' These were the first words to pop into her mind when she saw who it was that tapped her shoulder.

There before she stood the 11th-grade student everyone in school knew. Faye. Faye was white, with blonde hair and blue eyes that sparkled behind her glasses. Her school bag hung over her shoulder while she stared right at her with a wide smile.

"Hi there! I couldn't help but notice your book cover, are you a fan?" She asked, referring to the notebook that was clutched in the girl's hands.

She nodded, becoming shy as everyone around her began to watch their interaction with interested eyes. An excited scream escaped Faye as she grabbed onto the girl's shoulders and hugged her.

"Oh my God, me too! I love this music group!" She pulled away her smile becoming even bigger that her eyes began to close because of her chubby cheeks.

"I'm Faye by the way! And you're Angel?" Faye tilted her head to read out the girl's name tag.

The girl quickly shook her head and held her book tighter in her arms.

"J-just call me Dark Angel." She squeaked out that sending Faye into awe.

"Your so cute! Oh my gosh." She dramatically exclaimed and pinched Dark Angel's cheek, the action caused her to freeze but soon relaxed in Faye's touch with a shy smile forming on her face.

A cough then interrupted them, they both turned to see the teacher standing behind them with arms crossed and an eyebrow raised. Faye apologized and scurried to her class. Dark Angel stared at the floor in embarrassment, then made her way into class with the teacher right behind her.

Once she entered the class, she ran to her desk and dropped herself onto her seat. Her Head was buried in her notebook trying to calm her flustered self when the teacher's voice caught her attention.

"Good morning everyone, let's begin by marking yesterday's homework." He announced earning a groan from everyone.

'Let's get this day over with.'

🖤

Lunch had finally arrived and Dark Angel ran out of the classroom the second she could. As she made her way to the field she was greeted with a cold breeze that put her to ease with the sun kissing her forehead and exposed neck.

Grabbing her mask from her face, she pulled into down to sit under her chin while she smiled at the bright blue cloudless sky. Just then she heard a familiar voice call out to her. Looking in the direction of the voice, it was her again. Faye.

"Dark Angel! Hey!" She enthusiastically greeted Dark Angel with a smile even brighter than in their morning interaction.

"Hi Faye." Dark Angel greeted her back with the same amount of enthusiasm, feeling happy that someone showed they were genuinely excited to see her.

"Want to come and hang with me?" Faye asked with hopeful eyes as she stared at Dark Angel for an answer.

The question had the girl surprised but a grin formed on her lips. Pulling up her mask to hide her smile, she looked over to Faye. Her eyes slightly closed from her smile.

"Sure, why not?"