Chapter 007

"Mom! Have you seen my phone?!" Faye scrambled out of her bed and ran throughout the house, searching high and low for her phone.

Leaping into her brother's room, she turned the room upside down with a protesting brother in the background.

"Hey! I'm playing a game and you're blocking the screen, hobo!"

"Excuse me? I'm a goddess! And next have you seen my phone?" She asked Nyx, her little brother who shrugged.

Suddenly an all to familiar ringtone echoed through the house causing her body to go into panic mode.

"Mooooooommmmmmmm!" Her voice erupted like a volcano finally getting the presence of her mother with her phone in her hand.

"Stop screaming! Here's your phone." She tossed the phone to Faye who almost dropped it but fortunately managed to keep a grip on it.

"Thank you!" Rushing into her room, she shut the door and dropped her body on the bed, happily answering the call.

"Hey Baby~" she cooed at her lover on the other side of the phone.

Her laid on her stomach with her legs swinging back and forth in the air while holding her phone to her ear, happily humming as she listened to her lover explaining how his day was. Out of nowhere he released a deep sigh that caused her breath to hitch.

"You know what, this isn't working." She heard him mutter out on the other side that left her heart racing.

I hope it doesn't mean with I think it means.

"What are you saying? Does getting a new car not work out for you?" She dumbly asked making him sigh once again.

"No Faye, it's not the car I was telling you about. It's us. We're not working out."

"W-what? But everything is perfect.." her voice got softer as she trailed off.

"No it isn't. Believe it or not, you've gotten boring and all I ever hear about is you complain and always say how 'insecure' you are. It's irritating. You know what's more irritating? It's you constantly attracting attention to yourself. I mean I can't even remember the last time my own family pay any attention to me but you. Don't get me wrong, you were nice it's just I don't think you're the one for me."

Not again.. please no..

"I-I , you're being a real jerk right now!"

"I'm not being a jerk, I'm simply explaining why I'm breaking up with you! Why are you suddenly getting so defensive?"

"Well I'm sorry I'm suddenly getting 'defensive' when my boyfriend is crushing my heart right now! I shared all of that stuff with you because I trusted you and now you're using it against me and saying it's the reason for this break up?  You're a huge coward to break it off over the phone too!" She ranted and was about to continue only to be cut off by her boyfriend's louder out burst.

"That right there is another reason! You're so stuck up in this victim mentality and it's complete and utter shit! I'm making sure you know why I'm breaking up with you instead of that that fake 'it's not you, it's me' bullshit. You knew I was just delaying a break up!"

That's when she had enough of hearing his words. Without a second thought she threw her phone across the room resulting in it hitting the wall, shattering the screen into pieces and she didn't even care at that point. She was blinded by anger which quickly turned into sorrow.

Grabbing the nearest pillow she screamed into it as loud as she could, filling the pillow with her sad tears. A soft knock was heard from her doorway followed by a creak.

"Faye, honey are you okay?" Her mom's soft voice was heard next to her as she sat next to Faye's shaking body.

"No."

"Why don't you take a little walk? It'll help you calm down." Her father suggested walking into her room while her mother rubbed circles on her back trying to sooth her.

"Yeah, I'll go for a walk.." With that she got up from her bed, threw on a pair of sneakers with a hoodie and existed the house walking down a random street.

She didn't know where she was going nor did she care in that moment. All she wanted was to ease her mind. To stop her overthinking.

"Why, why is it so hard to stay in love?" She kicked a stone onto the road and continued walking down the street that led her to a park.

"I remember this place." Indeed she did.

Faye found herself in the very same park that she'd visit when she was a child. Back then there were no problems. She didn't care about finding a lover , she didn't care what everyone thought of her. Most of all, she loved herself for who she was.

But it all changed now. She grew up and saw the world in a different light. One that she didn't think existed. People have showed her colours that didn't even seen in crayon boxes.

With a slow pace, she walked to the swing set and began to tiredly swing herself back and forth on the swing until she stopped. Staring at the ground, tears fell down her cheeks like a waterfall creating a pool of tears at her feet.

"Why can't anyone be in a relationship with me? Why can't they stay with me.." She whimpered, gripping onto the chains on the swing to support herself from not falling forward onto her knees.

She lifted her head and let out a yelp at the sight before her. An blue paper origami was flying towards her. Not knowing what to do she completely froze as it landed onto her lap and unfolded itself.

"What in the Harry Potter is this?!" She shrieked still to scared to move.

Taking deep breaths she calmed herself and picked up the piece of paper to read the note inside it that she was not expecting to find.

"Live on.."