Chapter 003

"What are you doing here all by yourself?" Dark Angel asked as she walked towards the girl who relaxed herself and out of the windowsill to stand and look at the strangers with a blank face.

"We're not here to harm you or anything. You just looked lonely." Faye said following Dark Angel and taking a seat on one of the chairs while Dark Angel sat on a desk, crossing her legs while leaning back.

The two looked at the girl with soft smiles on their faces. She soon sat at a desk across from them, still skeptical of what they both wanted. She didn't trust them yet their smiles somehow made her feel at ease for a bit.

"Who are you the both of you?" She questioned, pointing her finger at Dark Angel and then shifting it to Faye before settling her hand down to her lap, waiting for an answer.

"Right! Time for introductions! I'm Dark Angel and this is Faye." She gestured towards Faye who frowned.

"I could've said who I was Dark Angel." Faye stated, crossing her arms to look at her friend with a raised eyebrow. She put a finger on Faye's lips only for her to slap Dark Angel's hand away.

"Hush you, now it's your turn." Dark Angel shifted her body forward as a gesture for her to speak which she did.

"You can call me Kookie." She blurted out, keeping her poker face at the girls who seemed to be happy by her response.

"Great! A new friend!" Dark Angel exclaimed, clapping her hands together in the excitement that they have gotten a new friend for their little friend group.

"Hey, don't you want me to call you Kookie too?" Faye asked with a pout forming on her lips causing her friend to grin.

"Nope! She likes me better! Suck it up." Dark Angel teased, pinching Faye's soft cheeks just to get scolded for her actions.

"Hey! Do I look like a child to you?!" She slapped her hands away and rubbed her cheeks.

"You kind of do, you know?" Dark Angel spoke her mind, staring at her in awe.

Faye gasped and stood up, slamming her hand onto the desk that startled Kookie but Dark Angel stayed unfazed by the sudden aggression.

"Excuse me?! You are the child in this friendship! I am older than you and you will treat me as such and I don't give two flying pigs whether you think I look like a child or not, do you understand?!" Faye spat out, repeatedly poking Dark Angel's arm while she stayed unfazed.

"Yeah whatever." Dark Angel responded.

"Yeah whatever?! You little brat-"

Kookie silently watched the girls interact which made her wonder how she got herself into this situation. How did she manage to attract these two very obvious chaotic friends to her presence at this moment? She was about to open her mouth and ask when Dark Angel set her eyes on her which caused her to flinch at the sudden eye contact.

"Hey Kookie, have you eaten yet?" She titled her head in curiosity.

Kookie slowly shook her head as a 'no' to the question. Dark Angel then threw herself off the desk and swatted away a furious Faye who kept on rambling about respect.

"It's not good to skip meals! Come on, let's go get you something to eat." She patted Kookie's shoulder, leading her outside the classroom and downstairs to the field where there was a tuck shop to buy snacks and drinks from.

"This kid I swear I'm going to kill her one day." Faye muttered but still calmed herself down and followed the two girls.

Dark Angel was on the right while Kookie walked in the center with Faye on the left. The three walked synchronized into the field. Faye jogged to the tuck shop to buy some snacks for the three of them while Kookie and Dark Angel picked up a topic about classes they have and found out they're both in the same grade but different classes.

"I got chips and slushies!" Faye passed a packet of chips and a slushie to both of the girls.

Dark Angel grinned at the sight, happily bringing the straw to her mouth as she sipped on the slushi.

"You didn't have to pay for these." Kookie stated looking at Faye who just waved her hand at her.

"Nah, it's okay. Now let's go sit down. My legs are killing me."

two took Kookie to their favorite spot and started to talk about music and life in general. Kookie then found herself relaxing in the presence of the energetic and chaotic duo.

A small smile settled on her lips as she watched the two begin to bicker on which type of fast food was better. Faye insisted it was Nando's while Dark Angel stood firm on her choice being McDonald's.

"Fine! Kookie which do you pick?" Faye asked turning the attention towards her.

"I think McDonald's is better."

"No!"

"Yes!"

The two yelled in unison causing her to shrug but still. She couldn't help that little bit of warmth that she felt in her heart.