Chapter 002

"Come on, go faster. Almost there." Dark Angel muttered to herself as she stared at the clock on the classroom wall just above the blackboard where her computer teacher stood, giving her a lecture about Hans and Pans.

It wasn't that she didn't like the subject, no. She loved computer class, she'd even run to the classroom the second it was time to go. The reason why she was in such a rush for the class to end was that she wanted to see her new friend, Faye. She only met her a week ago but has already left a big impression on her, not to mention an even bigger impact on her life.

Dark Angel soon found herself smiling when her alarm went off to wake her up for school every morning. The reason being was that she was genuinely happy to go to school, so she could see her friend, Faye. She doesn't even think of Faye as a simple friend anymore. She may be naively thinking, but she thinks of Faye as her best friend even though they don't even know each other for a long. Suddenly the sound of the school bell interrupts the teacher as she spoke. With a smile, she dismissed her class and immediately Dark Angel grabbed her bag and leaped out the door, running in the direction of the school field. Upon setting her eyes on the school field, she didn't see Faye.

She was the first student out for lunch at the moment so she slowly walked to the corner of the field, under the trees by the benches where shed usually meet with Faye and spend their lunch breaks together. She took a seat on the bench and took out her lunch box from her bag, opening it she brought a sandwich to her mouth and began to nibble on the slice as she searched for Faye. The more students she saw enter the school fields the more she began to get discouraged. She began to think she wasn't going to show up. Gulping down the food in her mouth, she stared down at her lap and closed her lunch box. 

"Maybe she's not coming." She said to herself, feeling a lump form in her throat.

Without warning a pair of arms wrapped themselves around her shoulders with a chin resting on top of her head. She gasped at the sudden gesture until she realized who it was. Once she did, she let out a light giggle and raised her hands to playfully hit Faye's arms that were secured on her shoulders and around her neck.

"You're so late today! Where were you?" She asked while Faye let out an airy laugh, letting go of her, and sat on the bench across from her.

"I'm sorry, the teacher was such an ass today." At that Dark Angel nodded completely understanding Faye's words. Some of the teachers here in this school were nice while the rest were either racists or complete jerks in her opinion.

"Well at least you're here now, want to go for a walk?" She asked Faye who groaned in response.

"But I just got here!" Faye complained, dramatically stomping her feet where she sat earning a smack on the arm from her friend.

"You've been sitting all day and so have I! We need the exercise." She exclaimed, picking up her stuff in her bag swinging it over her shoulder then grabbed onto Faye's forearm and dragged her out of her seat while she whined at the action.

"You seriously make me feel like the older one in this friendship sometimes." She rolled her eyes at her friend who dramatically pulled herself from her grip, placing her hand on her chest with a loud gasp that caught the attention of the students that were scattered close by them.

"Excuse you child I am the mama bear here! Period!" Faye yelled out, throwing her arms out mid-way.

"Dude, shut up!" Dark Angel scolded and dragged away her friend who was attracted to much-unwanted attention.

The two girls began to roam the school halls as they had a conversation about a random topic that came to mind. They were currently in the junior field when Dark Angel noticed a figure sitting by the window of one of the upstairs classrooms by themselves.

"Hey Faye, am I seeing right, or is there not a girl sitting dangerously close to that broken window?"

"What?" Faye asked.

She then pointed to the direction that she was staring at. Faye's eyes followed the direction of her finger. Her eyes widened in surprise at the sight she was met with. Without a word, the two girls sprinted towards the stairs in the direction of that classroom then slowed down as they got closer not wanting to scare her.

Coming to a stop, they slowly and quietly walked to the classroom door and opened it at a slow pace so it wouldn't make a sound. Once the door fully opened, their eyes caught the very figure they ran up those flights of stairs for. She sat on the windowsill with one leg on it and her arm on her knee while her other leg hung lifelessly against the wall. The girl was in a daze as she stared outside the window and she hadn't noticed the two friends' presence. She began to lean over the broken window a bit when Faye spoke up.

"If you lean any further, you're going to fall."