Chapter 012

"When do you want to ask them?" Kookie asked through the phone.

She was currently on a phone call with Dark Angel. Ever since yesterday's study session, they both decided to ask they're parents at the same time.

"How about after dinner time?" Kookie suggested through the call.

A soft knock was heard on Kookie's side of the call.

"Yes?"

"Kookie it's time for dinner." A cute soft voice was heard followed by a sigh from Kookie.

"I see it's dinner time for you, I'll let you go now. Let's see what response we get, yeah?" Dark Angel suggested and ended the call.

She then went downstairs to set her mission into motion. Walking down the stairs she gripped the railing with every step hoping she wouldn't have to answer too many questions that she didn't have the answers to.

Going into the kitchen, she stood behind her mother who was placing food onto a plate. She coughed to grab her attention, then swallowed the lump in her throat as she watched her mom turn to look at her. 

"The third plate is your food, take it." her mother said pointing at the plate filled with fries and roast chicken followed by cut sausages. 

"Ok but I want to ask you something first." She said taking in a deep breath, trying to master up the courage to ask.

"Can I go out with Faye and Kookie?" she asked staring at the wall behind her mom, who gave her a 'are you serious' look.

"It's a no from me but go ask your father." her blood ran cold.

Swallowing the lump in her throat, she walked into the lounge area where her father sat on the sofa, watching TV. His eyes were glued to the screen until she came into view. He smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Hey, dad." She greeted him warmly waiting to ask him what she wanted to ask.

"Hi my sweetie pie, how are you?" He asked

"I'm good, so I wanted to ask if I could go out with my friends, Faye and Kookie. Both are girls by the way." She got right to the point, not wanting to waste time and get a no from him.

"Are you want to ask me that? Especially in your current situation?" His aura changed from sweet and loving to serious and cold in a second.

She knew if she asked him, it would lead to this of course. It was a usual thing. If she asked for something like this especially in the situation she's in now, she'd not only get a no for her request but also more lectures and back lashings.

"Did our talk from the last time mean nothing? Instead of doing better to improve and study harder, you're asking for permission to go out with friends. That's the last thing that should even cross your mind, especially with such disappointing grades." His voice was soft but stern enough to make the hairs on the back of Dark Angel's neck stand up and give her goosebumps.

It wasn't him that did it, it was the words and how he said them. She wasn't scared of him, just merely disliked him when he was like that. He kept on going while she stood there silently watching him making sure to tune out his voice in case he said something there that she either didn't want to hear or something she didn't need to hear again.

Once she realized he was done speaking, she quietly went up to her room, with her food and sat there alone, eating. With her phone in her hand, she refused to answer any texts or calls. Instead, she just decided to play some music while reading a comic on webtoon. One that not only did she enjoy but related to in a way as well. True Beauty.

A sigh left her lips as she heard her father's voice from the lounge again but a bit louder, clearly showing his arguing about something.

"I told her they wouldn't allow it. Damn it, Faye."