Chapter 006

"What do I even do?" Dark Angel sat at her desk, with a pencil in her mouth while she stared at an unfinished sketch.

"I finally have time for my hobbies yet I can't even finish it!" She groaned and spat the pencil out of her mouth just to glare at it.

"I got no damn motivation for this." Ripping the page in half, she threw it to the floor and tossed her art supplies throughout the desk, not caring whether she made a mess or not.

Throwing herself onto the bed, she grabbed her phone and opened her WhatsApp hoping she'd gotten at least one message but her notifications remained at nothing.

Her eyes caught the name of her old friend, Ami who wanted nothing to do with her and she knew it but still held onto what was left of them. Swallowing the lump in her throat she decided to text her.

'Hey Ami, it's been a while hasn't it? How have you been? You don't have to reply to me right now, just when you have time ok? I miss you.'

Ignoring the voice in her head, telling her to not send it and give up she still did it anyway. She watched as she stayed online but never open her chat.

Tossing the phone aside, her bedroom door slowly opened revealing her mother.

"I called you downstairs three times already! If you're going to listen to music keep the volume on low." She scolded, staring at her with a annoyance in her eyes.

"But I wasn't listening to music.."

"Then what were you doing?"Turning her head, she was meant with the mess that Dark Angel had caused at her desk and gasped.

"Look at this mess? Why the hell is your room in such a state? Huh?" She tapped her feet and crossed her arms over her chest waiting for an answer to which Dark Angel felt obligated to give.

"I was tired and irritated.." she muttered only adding onto her mother's fury.

"Irritated? Tired?! Of what?!"

"Well I-" Before she could defend herself or explain her mother's angry voice cut her off.

"All you do is eat, sleep, go on your phone and go to school! There's nothing there that should irritate you and you have no right to throw such a tantrum! Look at this! Do you think I'm a robot to keep cleaning your mess?" She ranted aggressively pointing her finger at her.

But I clean up my own mess.

"I was going to clean it up." Her words only made her mother even more furious at her.

"Don't you give me that tone. You better sort your attitude out because I'm fucking sick of it! So damn sick of it! I give you children everything yet you give me such attitude? Huh? Disgusting! You're just like your damn father, fucking lazy! Clean up this fucking mess up and go downstairs to put the dishes away or so help me I will break that phone. Am I clear?" Dark Angel stayed quite as she clenched her hands in fist and bit her lips to keep herself from bursting out.

"Am I clear?!" She repeated.

"Yes.." Dark Angel said between she gritter teeth.

Charging downstairs she did what was told and then threw herself into her room, locking her door as well. She began to clean up her room while biting her lip with angry tears running down her cheeks.

"She doesn't get it.." she whispered while shoving the torn pieces of paper into a packet to throw in the trash.

"No one gets it.." she choked out on a sob , while aggressively wiping her tears away.

"Angel.." The voice of her twelve year old sister was heard followed by a knock.

"Go away, Paige." She said loud enough for her to hear.

"But we supposed to watch the new movie together and it's about to-"

"I SAID GO AWAY PAIGE!" She screamed and soon heard footsteps slowly getting further away from her door way.

Silence filled the air that was soon accompanied by loud sobs. She finally broke down. Finally finished cleaning up her room, she dropped her body on the bed.

Lifelessly she just laid there in her sweats and hoodie not caring about how hot the weather was tonight. She was freezing. She felt cold and empty.

"I'm such a mess.." she cried out to herself entering her second break down, throwing her hand over her mouth so no one would hear.

Tossing to the side, she cuddled into one of her stuffed animals and continued crying her heart out into the night. Soon it began to drizzle until a few minutes passed as a storm took over. Thunder erupted from the clouds and her window flew open due to the strong hawling wind.

Startled , she jumped up into a sitting position. Calming herself down, she slowly walked to the window to shut it again but was then met with the sight she was familiar with.

The mysterious hooded figure stood outside her window, aiming a sling shot at her. Eye widened she ducked just in the nick of time when something came flying into her room. A sudden rush of anger filled her and she was ready to snap.

Slowly standing up again to yell at the unknown person, she saw nothing but darkness as she stared outside her window.

A heavy sigh left her lips not wanting to think about what had happened moments ago any longer. She didn't even think twice on keeping it to herself.

She stared at her bed, suspicious on what the crumbled up paper had inside of it, she grabbed her ruler from her shelf and began to poke it. Once she saw there was nothing wrong with it's, she picked it up and opened it to reveal a message that surprised her.

"Please, you stay alive.."