Chapter 16: Anker's Nightmare

John rushed into the medbay. Panting as his steps echoed against the pale hallway. The rest of the team including Chang were already in the room.

"Anker," He walked to him laying on the bed hugging him, "It's good to see you!"

With a glee, "Feelings neutral man, anyways are you better now from the flu?"

"In a better position than you," He laughed.

Anker pointed at his bullet and stab wounds dispersed across his body, "Oh this? I get this every other week."

The door opened once again as a nurse entered, "Alright, visiting hours are over. Let him rest."

Juels rubbed Anker's shoulders, "Good to see you alive."

Outside the room, John asked, "What happened to him?"

"He went through Hell," Chang replied.

"We all did," Luca added.

"He ran into a banzai charge to get some intel," Juels explained

Devil's Ace further told, "And he managed to outrun a jeep"

"Holy shit," John sighed, "And I was here in bed cause of a fucking fever."

The group was startled as a sharp voice clicked behind them, "And some fever that was. You could have infected the whole group."

They turned to face The Man.

"His intel piqued my interest as well as Winston Churchill's. An Island in the Pacific housing some sort of experiment we know nothing about. We need more highly specialised soldiers like Anker and Juels."

"Let's get them then," Change naively said.

"There aren't many of them left alive, not since Dunkirk," Juels sighed and looked at the floor.

"And the ones that are alive are in prison camps, more details will be given at a later date. For now, get some rest."

Anker breathed heavily as the nurse changed some of his bandages.

"How are we doing?" She asked with a light smile. Her voice was soft as an angle's lullaby.

"I've been worse Angelia."

"Really?" She applied a new bandage on his wound, the dark black blood and puss staining the old one with the Devil's signature, "When was that?"

He chuckled, "I stubbed my toe when I was 5"

The nurse laughed, "I think you are a bit worse off now."

"I dunno, I cried like a baby when I hit my toe."

"You didn't cry when you got shot... 17 times?"

"Didn't even feel it."

"Adrenaline is a miracle," She began to prepare a needle of prescribed antibiotics.

"Wasn't adrenaline."

Intrigued, she asked, "What was it then?"

Anker gave a slight grin, "You won't tell anyone?"

"I promise," She leaned in closer.

"Methamphetamine."

"How much do you take?" She reflected his grin.

"10150mg a day, 35000mg if I'm entering a dangerous zone."

Her face dropped as she stepped back. She swallowed and took a big breath. Her crystal eyes, blue from birthright fluttered.

"Ho-How are you not dead?"

"Dunno," He chuckled, "Maybe Death doesn't want to kill me?"

Angela's face straightened, "You need to sort that out, speak to the doctor when he comes in tomorrow,"