Chapter 28: 855 v 4

John approached the film tape, he read the title, "Waffe U". He placed it on the projector and switched it on. The film began playing as the other men also, like moths to a lightbulb, were attracted to it. Anker glanced at Petra, he twitched his head at her, signalling for her to watch.

The soft shutter of the film tape smoothed out at a relatively clear video played in black and white. A bold text appeared with the Swastika and a German Egal.

To Win The War: Knock Out Britain Of The Fight

A male voice confidently played over the animation of the map of Britain and France. In a soft yet commanding voice, he informed:

"To invade this isle, the German military must follow these steps; step one is for the Luftwaffe to bomb the airfields and factories in England. Learning from the Battle Of Britain, this is not the way to cripple the RAF!"

A soft but rising music began to play in the background, as more planes quickly flew over their targets.

"But with Weapon Z, the bases shall be destroyed allowing the Luftwaffe to bomb the Royal Navy!"

The music increased slightly louder, its soft base but harmonious notes landing synchronised, as boats landed ashore under the curtain of the Luftwaffe, the beat and notes dropped as German forces spread across the island with Weapon Z placed out everywhere.

"In about a month, all resistance from the Brits will crumble!"

An animation of the Eastern front was next shown, "The falling situation of Stalingrad and the Eastern front as a whole will uphold fruitless resistance, as Weapon Z is used all along the front; any Soviet men will fall to this weapon."

The animation displayed German and Japanese lines closing in on the Soviets just before cutting to the US.

"Using the newfound ships from Britain, us and Japan will pincer the US, using Weapon Z when needed, bringing forth the Thousand Year Reich!"

The video fluttered in blankness before cutting out.

Juels asked, "Propaganda film?"

John softly responded, "Yeah sure... but what the Hell is weapon Z?" His eyes were wide as his palms began to sweat.

Andrzej refocused everyone, "Let's search this area and find out."

They began searching the mountain full of intelligence looking for the one on Weapon Z. Petra was largely ignored, as she slowly stepped away to the stairs. Andrzej noticed her and shouted as he pulled out his pistol.

She began to bolt up the stairs, but the gunshot pierced the air, and her skull before she could get out of the way. The gunshot echoed throughout the room and up the stairs, where muffled yelling began to make its way down.

"We gotta move!" Anker yelled out, "Hundreds of Nazis are gonna come for us!"

Juels scolded Andrzej as they ran, "You didn't suppress your pistol!?"

The group ran up the stairs with Anker taking the lead, with his Lee Enfield aimed up, he spotted 3 Germans coming down. He fired a round, the bullet puncturing the man's chest. Juels killed the other two.

They made it to the hallway, where a wall of SS troops awaited them. Anker watched as the commander opened his mouth, to give the order to shoot. His gun already in the direction shot a bullet directly at the commander's stomach. Anker dived into a door nearby, Juels halted the other two men as the hail of bullets got flung across the hallway; crumbling anything that managed to fall under its path.