6. WHY THE SUDDEN CHANGE?

​"What! You went to rob a house?" Daisy raised a brow.
"And you nearly got killed?" she turned her face away.

I don't understand why she had to judge me. We barely knew each other, and as a matter of fact, I saved her ass from those killers, but here she is judging me.

"Are you judging me?" I asked, somewhat angry.

"No...no...no, I'm not. Your story is a little scary and funny." She said and giggled.

Who is this girl? I thought. I saved your ass going through all that and you think it's funny. I've not even told her how I found her yet.

"Okay, so tell me what happened after you escaped." her smile faded, as she realized I didn't really laugh along.

"I'll tell you later, but for now we need to get ready for shopping. John might be here already." I said, and stood up from the table.

"Okay." she said.

"But hey" I walked back towards her.

"What?" she asked.

"Would you like me to take you to your family?"

"No! I don't want to see him ever again." Daisy shouted and clenched her fist. Her breath quickened.
What!

I jerked my head back, and shuffled back a step or two. My curiosity rose, as I wanted to know why she said that. I wanted to know why she doesn't want to see her father again. But I couldn't ask her, not now.

"Okay..Okay. That's fine, it's all up to you." I held my hands up.

Daisy stood up from the sofa, and went for the bandages from her medication bag. She started draping it around her right arm starting from the wrist area. You could tell she was not a right handed person, as she was struggling to even complete one wrapping cycle.

​"Let me help you." I leaned forward and took the bandage from her hand. I felt the touch of her warm and soft palm.

​She quickly pulled her hand back and lowered her head.

What did I do? I thought.

I stared at her with a dazed look, wondering what might have caused her to pull her hand away as soon as my hands touched hers. What exactly could have triggered that immediate responds to my stimuli.

I still stared at her, holding the bandage in my hands, not knowing what to do, and pondering on whether I should give it back.

​After some minutes of what felt like an hour, she raised her chin, and stretched her wounded arm; her right arm towards me. Without any hesitation, I slowly took her hand, placed it on my lap, and started draping the bandage around her wounded arm; starting from the wrist area.

"Is it tight enough?" I asked and stood up from the couch.

​She gave the 'it's okay' response by nodding her head slightly.

And now we're back to using gestures for communicating.

"So can we go for the Shopping now?" I asked but she didn't reply. No speaking. No gestures.

This is weird. How did the cheerful mood change within just some few minutes. Did I do something wrong? Was it because I asked about her family? The questions run through my brain.

"John, the driver is waiting for us downstairs." I jammed my hands in my front pocket.

She rose from couch, wearing a white straight dress she might have taken from the closet. It looked good on her by revealing her curvilinear waist.