28. PUT ME DOWN!

It seemed the sea had done what was expected. It felt like the sea had washed every negative emotions attached to her trauma away from her. After some minutes, she sat right next to me, her head on my chest, as she kept smiling.

We both watched and enjoyed the beautiful night-scenery at the beach. Her head still on my chest, as we both sat on the comfortable wooden chair, listening to the calm and relaxing sound of the waves crashing against the shores.

Now I felt like I've known her all my life. It felt like I knew everything about her. She trusted me enough to tell me the trauma she'd been through. Now I knew what happened to her, I knew every cruel treatment she received, but one thing I couldn't understand was why J.K would use her as a way to get to her father.

"Let's go for a walk on the sand and get our legs wet once again" Daisy's voice brought me back from my reveries.

"Sure, let's get wet." I said and smiled.

"Huh!" her eyebrow squished together.

"Oh! No, that's not w...." she stopped me.

"Shh! I'm just joking with you, Mr.Jellington." she said and laughed. I laughed too, still not knowing how she really understood what I said.

"So...Now you know my story, and it will only be fair if you tell me yours." she said, still sipping on a glass of red wine, as we walked on the sandy shores barefooted.

"My story?" I asked sounding surprised.

"Yeah, your story?"

"You only told me about how you were nearly killed in an amateur robbery." she laughed.

"I don't really have an interesting story to tell again." I said.

There was no way I could tell her about my life in Mr.Agyemang's house. I couldn't even tell her how I survived after my friends left me there in that moment.

"So you think mine is interesting?" she grimaced; her brow knitted, and she stopped walking.

"I didn't mean for it to sound that way." I said with a low voice.

"Just joking, James." she gave a lopsided grin.

I gave out a deep sigh. I wondered why she always had to do that. Like make me think I've offended her, and later tell me it's a joke. Maybe that's her way of cracking jokes, but it appeared the opposite to me whenever she does that.

"So, are you going to tell me your story or not?" she gave a half grin.

"Of course" I said.

"Still thinking of where to start from."

"Start from anywhere I'll understand." she said, trying to rephrase my own words back to me.

That's exactly what I told her when she begun telling me her story weeks ago.

I smiled, and she smiled too.

"So I start." I said and started with my story which I think you all know already.

I ended after just ten minutes of talking uninterruptedly. Of course I didn't tell her everything. I couldn't even tell her about my debacle in that house. I only told her about everything that led to our first meeting. How I followed the details on the card to get to the owner, who appeared to be J.K.

"So that's how you came to my rescue?" she said, as we both sat on the sandy part of the shore.

"Yep." I said.

"You're my hero, James."

"Well you say I'm your hero, but I think you are the one that saved me." I said.