19. HAPPY WHEN SHE'S HAPPY

For the next days, what I was praying against happened. Yeah, you guessed right.

Things really changed for the worst throughout the week. Making the good moment we shared ephemeral.

Daisy still had the same Bipolar behaviour. She would be happy and all excited for some minutes and just like smoke, it will puff away, and a moody,sulking Daisy who refuses to talk to me would fill the space.

The week passed by so quickly and nothing changed even though I was expecting to see a different Daisy after her first Therapy session.

​"Maybe she'd be better after the second session." I'd say.

Daisy's Therapy appointments with Dr. Shelly was once a week, and earlier the next week, she was ready and all excited to see her therapist again, which was weird considering nothing changed after her first session. Her excited gave me a little flare of Hope, that she'd be better soon.

Unlike her first Therapy session, Daisy stomped out of the office and headed straight to the car where John and I were waiting for her.

​"What happened Daisy? Why are you crying?" I walked out of the car and met her at the entrance.
Uncontrollable tears rolled down her cheeks. I wanted to hug her tighter and slowly but I couldn't. The thought of triggering another bad mood through my touch prevented me, but I also couldn't stand beside her and do nothing.

Fuck any triggers.

I pulled her closer and gave her a bear-like but affectionate hug. It felt like my hug was a warm blanket wrapped around her cold heart and her wet face.

She didn't pull away, but instead, she pulled more closer to me, giving me a gentle squeeze; like she wanted our bodies to merge; to be one.

It lasted for almost 3 minutes, as we stood right beside the car. I realized neither Dr.Shelly nor any of her assistants followed after Daisy.

The session was supposed to last fifty minutes this time, but she came back after only twenty-five minutes of entering the therapy room.

Their drive back to the Hotel was as silent as ever. The last thing we needed in the car was a slowed-cool-chill song, but that's what we got.

Maybe she wanted a song like that, but I didn't think it would be good considering her mood. The song 'Supermarket flower' by our favorite Ed sheeran kept playing all through our ride back to the Hotel.

We bid John good-bye and entered our room.

For minutes, neither of us spoke as we sat on the sofa both staring blankly at the wall, like we were lost in some weird trance.

I didn't want to ask her what happened. I didn't want to rush her into saying anything she didn't want to say.

And then she spoke...
​"I don't want to go for the therapy session anymore." She said and facepalmed but no tears flowed this time.

​"Hey...Hey..." I said with a low voice and leaned closer to her.

​"Please take all the time you want, but I don't think you should quit going for the therapy." I said and took her hands off her face and gave it a warm squeeze.

​"You don't understand, James. It's very weird telling a stranger things you wouldn't like to tell anyone." She looked at me. Our eyes met. Her almond-shaped-light blue eyes against my wide-set-brown eyes. Our faces were closer than ever.

You can imagine the thoughts running through my head, but the last thing I wanted to do now was to do 'that' without her consent.

​"I know Daisy...I know. But you of all people; a medical student should understand what she's trying to do for you."