33. SHES'S A TRAITOR

Food and drinks crowded every table including the ones with empty seats. I was hungry and used that opportunity to fill my empty belly.

It was very late in the night but it seemed the party was now actually getting started because the number of people kept increasing.

I came back to my senses and quickly meandered my way through the crowd to get to the 'D' block which was also on the paper I found in the room.
Most of the rooms were left unlocked when I checked trying to find Daisy. Some of the rooms were filled with men and woman in bed having fun. I had checked almost all the rooms on the 'D' block except the room with the 'DO NOT DISTURB' tag on the door.

Some people should know human beings by now. Seeing this only increases curiosity causing people to probably do the opposite of not disturbing.

I turned the door knob silently and it instantly opened. My posture suddenly became stiff as I stood there. I continued to shake my head voicing denial at the sight of Daisy in bed with a man, and a duvet wrapped around them.

Her mouth fell open as if she had seen a ghost.

"Hey young man, are you lost or something?" The man spoke, his voice was deep and his Adam's apple was visible enough.

"Can you get out already?" He shouted as I still stood there starring at Daisy who's face was covered with her palms.

The man got up from the bed and walked right to where I stood pointing a gun at me.

"If you don't get the hell out of here I'm going to blow that fucking head of yours off." His eyes turned flinty.

"Daisy, it's me James." cold tears filled my puffy eyes as I spoke.

She still didn't turn to look at me, her face still hidden. I wanted to see her facial expression which always spoke to me, but it was hidden. I wanted her to tell me it was all a dream.

Immediately the gun touched my forehead, I pushed him back with a greater force that caused his gun to fall on the ground.

He punched my face hard enough that I started bleeding in the mouth.

That was when Daisy stood up to stop him. She didn't even come close to my side, as she held him back.

"You betrayed me Daisy." I shouted.

I was about to respond with a punch too when suddenly someone pulled me from behind forcing my hand to stop mid-stride.It was the driver pulling me back.

"No stop...leave me alone...Daisy please it's me James." I retaliated but he wrapped his strong biceps around me dragging me out of the room.

"No, leave me alone" I shouted trying to force my way back to the room but he prevented me.

"Daisy please don't do this to me, you're all I have." I broke down in tears.

"I rescued her and protected her and now this is how she pays me back." I continued to cry, my voice reverberating the hallway.

"Just calm down, if you go in there again he's just going to kill you." he said parting my shoulders.

"I don't care." I shouted.

We both sat in the car in an awkward silence for while before he broke the silence.

"So she's your girlfriend huh?" He brushed his palms together.

"I'm sorry I lied to you earlier." I said wiping my nostrils with the tissue he had given to me.

"No need to apologize." He said laconically.