Chapter 37 - Disguist

Right after the punch, Remember instantly goes puking onto the ground. Blood, guts and flesh goes drooling down his mouth as he is hunched over, trying to hold it back but wouldn’t. The gagging and coughing was even louder now, which made my stomach feel sick. The sandy floor around him was covered in a pool of red, gooey and slimy stuff.And it kept going.

Almost everyone looked in a sick reaction to this. Matt and Amy look away, unable to handle the glory. Some soldiers even found themselves spitting out a bit of spew as well. Fortunately, my stomach was able to hold it in, as my eyes watched him, spitting out chunks of human flesh. The half-digested, rotten meat.

I wanted to turn away too, but I couldn’t.Oh god, would it ever stop?

A few minutes (more like hours) later, it finally stops. The loud puking noises, the sight of bile splattering all across the sparkling sandy floors, the overflowing sight of human guts. It all finally stops.

Remember was still bent over, breathing heavily now. He wasn’t the least bit disguised of what he had brought out from his stomach, just plain exhausted.

And a minute later he falls over, luckily not landing into the bath of spew. A small splash of blood flies as he does so.

However, our eyes we still focused on the pool of rotten flesh. Intestines, Stomach, liver muscle tissues along with scraps of human skin and any other imaginable human organ drowned in blood and veins was all we could see. It was so gross.

This time I had to turn away. Matt looks rather shocked of how I was able to endure watching all that happen.

Well, I did have a bloody past after all.

All eyes stayed focused on the bloody scenery ahead. As for Professor Grant: He was now smiling, even more hysterically.

As Remember lie near the pile of puke, (fully unconscious now…) that’s when it gets even more disgusting. Professor Grant pulls out a rubber glove and straps it onto his free right hand.

And with a tug of his sleeve, his equipped hand goes diving into the mud of flesh, searching in find of some type of object.

I then squeezed my eyes shut, hoping to be able to mute out all the squishy, mushy and gooey sounds his arm makes, as it moves around in the pile of spew. But it wouldn’t.

Though after a while, at last it finally stops. With the last disgusting sound of flesh behind touched, I opened my eyes to then see him standing back up fully. His gaze rests upon his right hand (Which was now covered in bits of blood ad skin). However, what rested in his hand was something silvery.

Through the thick coating of flesh slimes, I was able to identify the small silvery object. It was a keychain, of some sort.

Just then a sudden laugh echoes from all around the junkyard. A demented, cursed cry of victory from the mad scientist Grant himself.

“AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” He laughs uncontrollably, eyes wide open with joy. “I’VE FOUND IT! SEE THIS?”

And as he turns to face us, he does a quick polish before showing.

My eyes squinted tightly. Although I couldn’t decipher the letters on it, that’s when the same soldier from before takes a step forward to examine it. Reading the small metal tag, his eyes narrowed to discover what it was.

“S-so it really is Number 16.” The man declares. “If it’s correct, then the identification license truly does prove this infected creature as-“

“Exactly.” Professor Grant smiles, though having a bit of rage within his tone. Tucking it into his pocket, he says, “Yet you had doubt me, yes?”

An apologetic look then runs over the soldier’s expression. “I-I’m sorry sir!” He quickly salutes. “Won’t happen agai-“

Suddenly a loud gunshot was made, along with a shock. A scream escapes my throat the moment I saw the man collapse, a bullet pierced into his forehead. He was shot. And worst of all, it was Professor Grant who killed him.

His left hand held a gun, still pointed towards the direction where he last shot. Even Grant’s face shows a merciless mad-man, unaware of how guilty he was of killing his own worker.

Some of the other men stood back, as we watched in awe. They didn’t do anything, wouldn’t do anything. Or rather, just shouldn’t.

“Useless soldier.” The murderous Grant mutters, eyes locked on the dead body. “He was one of the weakest on our troop. No need for him now. We might as well feed him to our experiments for a small treat.”

I couldn’t believe my ears. Professor Grant killed him! HE KILLED HIS OWN MEN HOW COULD HE?! WHY IS HE STANDING THERE, GUILTY-LESS AND EVEN MAKING A FUNNY COINCIDENCE OUT OF IT?! Who the hell was he now….?

Another question rose in my mind. More importantly: What was he, and what had he become?

I no longer recognized this man, as the first kind gentleman who welcomed me in his old residence. Right now, I was looking at a psychopath, a crazed man-A mad scientist.

“Y-You monster.” Matt says aloud, eyes not tearing away from Grant’s gun.

He then turns to Matt, which makes him become even stiffer. With eyes blank as night; he strolls over to Matt unsteadily.

A shiver runs down once he passes by me. Now standing in front of the young soldier, he slowly lowers himself to Matt’s height. And right before my eyes, I see him raise the same pistol, aiming it right under Matt’s chin pointing upwards.

“You’re next.” He says voice hoarse and quiet as Remembers; Maybe even scarier. Same as any other killer, who would destroy anyone that got in their way (Regardless of who it was).

That makes Matt panic. Desperately trying to pry free of Mr.’s grip, Grant does nothing and has his gun stayed at the same position. Unable to escape, I could then see his eyes began tearing up. He was scared.

Just imagine being put in that position, Rima.

I ended up finding myself crying as well. No, I wasn’t going to let it end like this. I had to help him.

Even Mr. himself seemed unsure of his actions, but still he had to obey. His grip stays the way it is on Matt, as he didn’t want to end up with a bullet going through his own skull.

I tried to move, but Amy’s grasp refused to let go. I was thinking of actually attacking her, but that’s when I knew already that neither she nor Mr. was the real enemy: Professor Grant was.

Matt was doomed.

“N-Noo….” I whimpered, unable to help him. Only my cries and pleads remains. “NOOO! D-DO'NT KILL HIM!”

But then another loud gunshot was fired.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

___________________________

Don't forget to vote/comment if you enjoyed reading this intense chapter!